Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Slayer Killing Hold (Slay the Slayer!!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.8/10 (13 votes)
σ 2.38
Author Name:Timo
Submitted By:Timo006
Hold Name:Slayer Killing Hold
Theme:Slay the Slayer!!
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:17
Number of Monsters:144
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+3 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Slayer Killing Hold.hold (11.1 KB)
Downloaded 1356 times.
License: Other
icon Slayer Killing Hold  
This Hold includes almost every way to kill the slayer and let you kill the slayer MANY times.
08-09-2006 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Slayer Killing Hold (+1)  
Seeing the hold title and description I figured, neat, I'll have to kill the slayer a different way in every room.

I'd say this hold has several problems..
1. Slayer killing. In most cases you don't need to kill the slayer. In many rooms a decoy potion is thrown in so the 2nd time passing through you can kill the slayer if you really care to for no reason.
2. Backtracking. Backtracking through some of these rooms is a bit annoying (and required). If you happen to go the wrong way you'll get extra backtracking.

All in all, I'd have to say thanks to Timo for the effort. He did put this hold on the architecture board and the hold does point out some slayer killing situations.
08-11-2006 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
As I already said during testing, this was a very interesting hold.

No, it is not required to kill the slayers, but it was an interesting hold because I've never understood before how they should be killed. After playing this hold, it makes lots of slayer rooms easier.

Any hold that can teach me something like that is great! :thumbsup

-- Tim

08-12-2006 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Just played through this one. It's easily conquerable in one sitting--there's some nice tutorial on slayer killing via "pushing", and then it's able to be applied. Some good rooms where the slayer can be friendly, and it shows a variety of ways to slay slayers--though not as much as in A Slayer's Weakness. This is a good hold if you want to improve your slayer manipulation skills, even though there is some annoying backtracking (and it does get annoying to kill the repeating slayers while doing so.) Plot, though, lacks. 5 brains, 7 overall.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 03-20-2009 07:04 PM : Link fail.]
03-20-2009 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Slayer Killing Hold (Slay the Slayer!!) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com