Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Save game recognition problems (How did I get here?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged

File: Delvers-Demise.jpg (208.6 KB)
Downloaded 63 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Save game recognition problems (0)  
A few weeks ago, I exported my player file, reinstalled, and imported my player file. Mostly since then things have been fine, but today I visited Delver's Demise, and found myself...well, see the picture.

Somehow, even though I have a save game on the south side of the master wall (the picture was taken just after coming north from the secret room to the south, where I restored), not every room is listed as conquered. (Specifically, the secret room at
Click here to view the secret text
--though I do still have a high score for that room.)

How did this happen?

[Last edited by Tahnan at 08-02-2006 02:43 PM]
08-02-2006 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Save game recognition problems (0)  
One obvious possibility is that the hold was updated invalidating your save at the secret room.

I have no idea whether or not this was the case, but it's the explanation that popped first into my mind.

Edit: I just realized that this is improbable given that your highscore still stands. Hmph.

[Last edited by eytanz at 08-02-2006 03:02 PM]
08-02-2006 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I haven't updated the hold at all. Heck, I've barely had the time to work on my current hold now.

08-02-2006 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Ok - well, if nothing else that eliminates one possibility.

Does the secret room have a stairway in it? If it does, it could be a manifestation of this bug

08-02-2006 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Nope - just a basic image floor and a talking character.

08-02-2006 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Well, I guess it's unlikely to have been that bug anyway, since it seemed to affect only rooms played since the patch.

I'm out of ideas.

08-02-2006 at 03:34 PM
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
Tahnan wrote:
...not every room is listed as conquered...
When you say listed as conquered, do you mean the %conquered/mastered? I remember some bug about the %mastered sometimes being shown incorrectly for holds played with an earlier version. (I'm afraid I have no idea where that thread is, and I don't feel like playing forum hunter right now.)
08-02-2006 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
michthro wrote:
Tahnan wrote:
...not every room is listed as conquered...
When you say listed as conquered, do you mean the %conquered/mastered? I remember some bug about the %mastered sometimes being shown incorrectly for holds played with an earlier version. (I'm afraid I have no idea where that thread is, and I don't feel like playing forum hunter right now.)

Actually, it occurred to me that shouldn't matter. As long as you've beaten every room, it doesn't matter if you've beaten them on that restore. The point being, really: the fact that I've visited 1S means that the master wall should be dropped, and yet it isn't.
08-02-2006 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
Tahnan wrote:
The point being, really: the fact that I've visited 1S means that the master wall should be dropped, and yet it isn't.
Good point. This looks to me then like a case of progress lost on import. So some progress got lost, but you still have the save game south of the master wall. There definitely is a problem in that area. I've had some weird results after importing player files, such as only being able to restore to some level entrances, even though I had cleared all rooms in the hold. (It happened I think with Bavato's Dungeon and A Quiet Place. Both had been updated, but that doesn't accout for it.)
08-02-2006 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Save game recognition problems (How did I get here?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com