Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Length of Scroll/Level Descriptions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Length of Scroll/Level Descriptions (0)  
I know this has already been queried, but I just want to know if you will extend the scroll and level description lengths so we can give more description to the levels. I also think the several page scroll that someone suggested is also a good idea.

07-28-2003 at 11:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Length of Scroll/Level Descriptions (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
I know this has already been queried, but I just want to know if you will extend the scroll and level description lengths so we can give more description to the levels. I also think the several page scroll that someone suggested is also a good idea.

Pressing space, or enter, or clicking on the message area would cycle through the pages... There could additionally be page forward/back arrows at the bottom of the message area.

Or, if there's a lot of text, instead of confining it to that small text area on the left, there could be a 'display message full screen' button between the arrows, so it would be easier for the player to read. If this were done, there might need to be two versions of a message, so it displays properly formatted in either configuration... (or maybe the small message could be a summary, with the full screen version being the main text) For those in the mood to write a novelette, page forward/back buttons for the full screen message too. Heh.
07-28-2003 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Length of Scroll/Level Descriptions (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
The current limits are imposed to keep your texts from expanding past the bounds of the areas in which they are displayed. Solutions like those Stuart suggests would need to be written before we could remove the limitation. But that is too much new code to introduce this late. Look for it in the next release.

-Erik

07-28-2003 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Length of Scroll/Level Descriptions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com