Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Bug: Force Arrows On The Edge Of The Screen
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Possible Bug: Force Arrows On The Edge Of The Screen (0)  
If you place a set of Force Arrows on the edge of a screen pointing in the opposite direction of travel to those stepping on them when they move between rooms, so if you placed south facing Force Arrows on the edge squares of an entrance to the room from the south, Beethro can still step oon them if he travels north from the room to the South.

Uh, sorry if I'm too tired to be bothered to make it much clearer, but I hope you get the meaning. Is this a bug, because I want to know which should apply.

07-26-2003 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
IP: Logged
icon Re: Possible Bug: Force Arrows On The Edge Of The Screen (0)  
No, I don't think it's a bug. Rooms aren't supposed to be seamed together exactly perfectly. The idea is that the entrance move is kind of like a freebie. In this case, it's okay to step on to the arrows since the player can't step further into the room (i.e. north) when on the force arrows on the edge (and has to leave back south). But, if you want to make it so that the north room can't even be entered from the south one, then what you should do is put south-facing arrows on the top/north row of the south room, forbidding exit.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-26-2003 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Bug: Force Arrows On The Edge Of The Screen
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com