Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tar And Mud (Testers wanted!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
IP: Logged

File: Tar and Mud.hold (14.7 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Tar And Mud (0)  
Tar and Mud will try to win over you! Beat them in 5 rounds and you will have beaten this hold! Please test! :D

This hold is mainly tar and mud puzzels. Moderate difficulty. Have fun!

<--- New Version

[Last edited by tokyokid at 07-07-2006 03:13 PM]
07-06-2006 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: Tar And Mud (0)  
Stairs at the end of Round 2 end the hold. Wouldn't think anything of it and would just say 'hey it was kinda fun' but saw a 0% secrets message at the end and when I went into Restore to look for secrets, found that they're not in the first two Rounds. Which makes sense kinda since you say there's supposed to be 5.

07-07-2006 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tokyokid
Hikari wrote:
Stairs at the end of Round 2 end the hold. Wouldn't think anything of it and would just say 'hey it was kinda fun' but saw a 0% secrets message at the end and when I went into Restore to look for secrets, found that they're not in the first two Rounds. Which makes sense kinda since you say there's supposed to be 5.

There is supposed to be 5. I'll go and fix the bug.
07-07-2006 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Canadian_Army
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
round 3: 1N 1W

I can't beat it, the 1st tar blob grows so its uncutable

07-07-2006 at 10:11 PM
Elfstone
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1285

File: Snapshot 2006-07-07 23-31-10.jpg (174.8 KB)
Downloaded 57 times.
License: Public Domain
Canadian_Army wrote:
round 3: 1N 1W

I can't beat it, the 1st tar blob grows so its uncutable

I have found the same problem. By the time I reach the 1st checkpoint the first tar blob is unmanagable.

Elfstone.

07-07-2006 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Niccus
Rank Points: 308
Round 3 1N 1E also seems to have a similiar problem at the last tar blob, at least unless I'm missing some sort of an incredible trick. (Though I'm currently having problems finishing the 3rd blob of tar in time...)

In Round 4 Entrance, there is a single mud baby that is unreachable.
07-08-2006 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Niccus wrote:
Round 3 1N 1E also seems to have a similiar problem at the last tar blob, at least unless I'm missing some sort of an incredible trick. (Though I'm currently having problems finishing the 3rd blob of tar in time...)

I don't think the last one, being a 3x3 blob after growth, is going to be a problem, but a 2-wide cap stuck in a hallway at the first blob is. :X

07-10-2006 at 06:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Niccus
Rank Points: 308
icon L3 1N 1E (0)  
Gah, let me rephrase a teensy bit:

Tar #3 and #4 both make an uncutable bit at the end, Tar #3 is alllmost manageable, but #4 is just ludicrous. Tar #4 is also uncutable in the first place -- It's impossible to destroy it even with its original 2x3 form (when going from north of it) thanks to lack of space and the resulting babies going all over you.

Fix >_<
07-10-2006 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
Round 2:1S1W

You have an unreachable orb that "magically" gets activated at some point (scripting I assume).

Wouldn't it be more straightforward to use some method the player could see like:

1. Have a fuse starting at the entrance to the room that eventually blows up a bomb to strike the orb.

or

2. Use red doors and put a trap door somewhere for the player to open the doors.

or

3. Just put the orb near the bottom of the screen for the player to hit.

If you must use scripting I'd recommend a scroll or speech explaining when the orb will be activated.
07-11-2006 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Sorry you guys! I just got back from vacation, and I am really don't feel in the mood to edit all these mistakes right now :D . I'll fix them tomorrow! Sorry about that!
07-16-2006 at 12:41 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Tar And Mud (Testers wanted!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com