Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Underground
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
IP: Logged
icon Underground (0)  
A really easy, 1 level hold with not much point. Have fun!
NEW VERSION AT BOTTOM!

[Last edited by tokyokid at 11-03-2006 10:22 PM]
06-09-2006 at 02:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Underground (0)  
Wow, maybe you should follow Jason's example and put links to all your holds in one thread. I'm getting lost trying to find them all! :?
06-09-2006 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
I'm really trying not to make a kekekeke zergrush joke here, and it's NOT WORKING.
06-09-2006 at 05:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Ezlo wrote:
Wow, maybe you should follow Jason's example and put links to all your holds in one thread. I'm getting lost trying to find them all! :?

lol. Maybe I should... ;)

EDIT: The best I can do is put them in my signature. Question: How do you put a link in your signature? (That would be easier than searching for them, but just clicking on the link)

[Last edited by tokyokid at 06-09-2006 07:20 PM]
06-09-2006 at 06:44 PM
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Banjooie wrote:
I'm really trying not to make a kekekeke zergrush joke here, and it's NOT WORKING.
I really did have to Google this as I was baffled by it, and I came up with...

10. zerg
when a bunch of talentless noobs get together and try to use large numbers against one target, instead of skill and tactics.
That's harsh! :lol

I suppose
2. zerg
To assure ones victory using overwhelming numbers.
would be more PC. ;)

Level 5. you can only move between the entrance and 1 north
06-09-2006 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
I made the template for Jason's page, so if you want me to do this, I would be more than happy. I work a lot with links. So, just request it.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

06-10-2006 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
...what the heck?

I'm trying to import this one into DROD, but all it did was update my copy of your 'Pitways' hold instead of giving me your new one. What the heck is up with that? o.o

06-10-2006 at 07:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tokyokid
UrAvgAzn wrote:
I made the template for Jason's page, so if you want me to do this, I would be more than happy. I work a lot with links. So, just request it.

sure UrAvgAzn! Thanks a lot! :)
06-10-2006 at 03:29 PM
tokyokid
icon Re: Underground (+1)  
Hikari wrote:
I'm trying to import this one into DROD, but all it did was update my copy of your 'Pitways' hold instead of giving me your new one. What the heck is up with that? o.o

I have no idea! :look
maybe if i upload a new version... I'll try it!
06-10-2006 at 03:31 PM
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Ok, I will make the page.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

06-10-2006 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
icon Re: Underground (+1)  
I just imported your latest version in the hope you had cured the problem with level 5, and it's not even the same game! The one I was playing is no longer available to me in JtRH.

Hmmm, it seems I am having the same problem as someone else, where this hold and Pitways seem to be somehow mixed up. I wonder if you uploaded a wrongly named hold at some point?

Anyway, my earlier comment about level 5, entrance and 1N, applies to Pitways and not Underground.

Underground, level 1, 2N2E. Force arrows at the entrance to a room, especially an unrequired one, are generally not a good idea, unless they are part of a puzzle. Forcing a restore, instead of being able to back out of a room, doesn't make for a fun game. (It probably doesn't *really* matter, it's just a pet peeve of mine.)

Edit: Actually, it does matter. If you beat the room, you still can't get out. I'm beginning to think your friend Bob needs to do a bit more testing.

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 06-11-2006 11:01 AM]
06-11-2006 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
bandit1200 wrote:
I just imported your latest version in the hope you had cured the problem with level 5, and it's not even the same game! The one I was playing is no longer available to me in JtRH.

Hmmm, it seems I am having the same problem as someone else, where this hold and Pitways seem to be somehow mixed up. I wonder if you uploaded a wrongly named hold at some point?

Yeah sorry, something went wrong. Pitways is an 11 level hold which was posted here on the architech fourms a while ago. Underground is a 1 level hold (included in my compilation hold)
06-11-2006 at 03:19 PM
bandit1200
If you have been keeping up with me, the problem I mentioned with level 5 no longer exists. I probably a/ missed it altogether, b/ my eyes are much worse than I thought, or c/ we won't go there.

Stupid is as stupid does, to quote some obscure cliche.

06-12-2006 at 03:20 PM
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
How do I get out again aften conquered this Secret room 2N2E
01-04-2007 at 06:33 PM
tokyokid

File: Underground.hold (7.6 KB)
Downloaded 68 times.
License: Public Domain
Wow.. blast from the past. I've actually given this one up, but, uh... thanks for playing, I guess. But, sadly it is not possible. If you really wanted to play, here is a new version.
01-04-2007 at 08:45 PM
Dali
Rank Points: 174
Not a bad hold. It's okay, simply I found that there's too much paths and secret walls, which makes things a lil bit slower. I suggest that you replace some of the secret walls by broken walls. Some rooms where there's eyes are quite easy, perhaps because they look most of them at the same direction (like 1W, 2W, 3W). And most of rooms are just about killing monsters, try to make more puzzled rooms.

1N 3W: I don't know if it's a trivial solution, but I don't need eyes to kill the snake, you juste have to enter it from where Beethro entered.

2N: The brain is useless. You can add more monsters and make the room a lil bigger.

2N2E: Too tough. Maybe you should remove 2 columns of golems and
remove a wall close to the southern tar to let this tar enable to grow up. You must also make the room exitable. You thaught that mimics will make thinks easier, but not necessarily.
01-05-2007 at 09:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Underground
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com