Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster: Rat
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
IP: Logged
icon Monster: Rat (0)  
I thought about this creature last night, but my pc was already down. Rats like walls. A Rat will move along a wall until either there is no wall left around, or it dies.

Well it's a bit complex to discribe, i'll give it a try later.

The sense of this monster is, that every round(30turns) the mood of the monster changes from agressive to frightened or the other way round. Either it would chase beethro through maze rooms, or it would flee from him. The fact that it would never leave walls make it relatively easy to kill, but the fact that all rats in a level try to reach beethro the same time, could be hard. Maybe 30 turns are to little(maybe 40). Rats only turn around(change their movement direction) if the wall does, or if their behave changes from agressive to calm(not the other way round).

If their behave is calm they always move along the wall that is next to them(no field distance between the rat and the wall) and the farthest away from beethro.(this will make them flee) they also change their direction they move along the wall to get away from beethro.

If their behave is agressive they always move along the wall that is next to them(no field distance between the rat and the wall) and the nearest to beethro.(this will make them seek beethro) if they go southwards as they flee and beethro is in the north of them, they do not turn around if their behave changes to agressive.

I think my explaination is a bit corrupt, questions expected!!

[Edited by noman on 07-22-2003 at 07:31 AM]

If the wall disappears(door, wall that can be destroyed) it depends on the mood of the monster: Is it calm it trys to reach the nearest wall that is in the opposite way to beethro.
Is it agressive it either attacks beethro(if he is the nearest object) or it heads for the nearest wall in beethro's direction.

That could be useful in a combination of a maze with doors.

Normally rats do not stand still. if a way is dead end they just follow the wall, which means they turn around.

Well i can't explain this monster better. Please ask me many questions.

[Edited by noman on 07-22-2003 at 10:01 AM]

07-22-2003 at 08:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noman
icon Re: Monster: Rat (0)  
Is it so damn stupid that it's not even worth writing it to me? :huh

07-22-2003 at 11:39 AM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
Noman, please try to calm down and be patient. Many of us have probably seen it already. It's just that some of us may need some time to think about useful comments about the monster, others, like me, need to think about the monster itself because the switching behavior is a little confusing, some, like Erik or mrimer may be too busy doing the development side of things, and some people may have no time or no access to a computer at the moment. Again, be patient. You'll get the responses you want soon enough.

07-22-2003 at 11:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Also, noman, you wrote your posts at, respectively, 12:30 AM and 3:39 AM for me. You have to understand that not everyone lives in your time zone, in fact most of us live in the U.S. and so you'll just have to wait until we are awake before we can respond to your posts.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-22-2003 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noman
hey please don't hate me for my haste! :P

Whaa!! Impatience thats the word i seeked for!! :P

[Edited by noman on 07-22-2003 at 05:41 PM]

07-22-2003 at 06:01 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I don't think anyone hates anyone on this forum... Especially not for impatience (go ask eytanz)...

07-22-2003 at 06:27 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Speaking of Eytan, I think he's got the coolest DROD-themed avatar! What a neat idea.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-22-2003 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noman
Yeah, right, but can please anyone think of my sweet little rat!

know im still impatient, but i'm not going to change that in future :glasses

07-22-2003 at 07:23 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Actually, this monster is very well described. The more description you can give us, the better. I have a few suggestions for it...but it would turn it into a completely different monster, so I'm going to make one based on yours, yet different. As for your rat, I think it should go for the nearest wall, if for example a yellow door has been dropped, before thinking of Beethro. Other than that, I don't think there's anything wrong with the definition.

07-22-2003 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Monster: Rat
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com