Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Xbox 360
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
cry wolf
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Xbox 360 (0)  
Does anyone else have an Xbox 360?
If so I want to know some good games for it.
I prefer shooters and i already have call of duty 2, G.R.A.W., and PDZ.
If anyone knows any other good games gi9mme a holla.

05-21-2006 at 02:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Xbox 360 (0)  
cry wolf wrote:

umm, this isn't the best forum to ask that question, seeing that DROD is as far away from FPS's as you can get.

try the more 'mainstream' game site forums, like Gamespy, Gamespot, IGN etc.

sorry i couldn't be of more help, but i don't own that console.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 05-21-2006 02:59 AM]
05-21-2006 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
icon Re: Xbox 360 (+1)  
NiroZ wrote:
cry wolf wrote:

umm, this isn't the best forum to ask that question, seeing that DROD is as far away from FPS's as you can get.

Yeah, but it does say Electronic Games, and Chris just joined, cut him some slack. This is his favorite forum. We should quote on pplz quoting each other.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

05-21-2006 at 03:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
UrAvgAzn wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
cry wolf wrote:

Yeah, but it does say Electronic Games, and Chris just joined, cut him some slack. This is his favorite forum. We should quote on pplz quoting each other.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

sorry if my post sounded nasty, but i was just trying to say that this forum(from what i know) isn't the most knowledgeable about console FPS's.

I guess I'm being presumptious, but i was just trying to help in the only way i could.

EDIT:
oh, an where are my manners.

Welcome to the forum, Cry Wolf :hi

[Last edited by NiroZ at 05-21-2006 03:52 AM]
05-21-2006 at 03:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
This is a perfectly reasonable forum to post about the XBox 360. We have many posts here about many different games and consoles. It's true that I think there are many more Nintendo fans here than other consoles, mostly because the average age is older and we all like "retro" games more than the newer stuff. But still, there's no reason to suggest he go somewhere else to discuss it, since he is a DROD player he has every right to post here.

I don't know how it can be his favorite forum after only one day, but hey, I guess we're just that damn good.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-21-2006 at 03:52 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I don't have a 360, but I've heard really good things about it with regards to FPSs. If you don't have Halo, or Halo II, those are must-haves. Even if they're XBox titles, there's a patch for them, and apparently they're the best, according to the folks I know.

Half-Life is also good, from what I hear, and I think it's ported onto the XBox from PC.

If you're really into FPS, I suggest (currently) a PC. The console formerly known as the Revolution may have some good FPSs coming out soon as well.

As for future games, I don't think you can go wrong with Gears of War. I mean, there's a weapon that doubles as a gun and a chainsaw. How cool is that?

Halo III as well, and I'm sure there are a plethora of other FPSs for the 360. Gamespot's reviews http://www.gamespot.com) are usually pretty good, and I think you can search by genre there. They have their own reviews, and fan reviews too.

Sorry if you know some (most) of this stuff already. I'm trying to be as helpful as possible, and aid the consolers.

05-21-2006 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Oh yes, I guess I should respond to the original post. I don't have a 360, and I don't have any immediate plans to get one. I will definitely be getting the Wii when it comes out, and a PS3 only if its price goes down a ton. If the 360 gets a bunch of games that would normally have been PS3 exclusives, like it is getting GTA4, then I will probably pick it up.

I guess I just am not really a fan of FPS games (not since the original Doom, really), and pretty much any 360 game that I might want, like Oblivion, I can get for the PC. And an RPG like that I would rather play on a PC anyway. My brother has a 360 (that I actually picked up for him during the shortage times) but he likes FPS games. He recently got Oblivion and the new Tomb Raider game for his birthday. The new Tomb Raider is actually supposed to be a good game, much improved over the last few, but I've never played any of them so I guess I can't relate.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-21-2006 at 05:50 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
they're not getting GTA4 exclusive, last I heard--they're bluffing, Rockstar said no way.
05-21-2006 at 07:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Banjooie wrote:
they're not getting GTA4 exclusive, last I heard--they're bluffing, Rockstar said no way.

If the 360 gets a bunch of games that would normally have been PS3 exclusives, like it is getting GTA4, then I will probably pick it up.

Let's play a variant of Where's Waldo. It's called Where's The Bit Where GTA4 Is An Xbox 360 Exclusive, or as I like to call it, WTBWGIAXTE, or as I call it in an MMOG, Want to Buy Giant Axe Tie.

All I want to know is: isn't Peter Moore going to run out of forearm soon?

05-21-2006 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
I didn't meant to imply that GTA4 would be a 360 exclusive. My understanding was that it was coming out for both the 360 and the PS3 simultaneously. I'm just saying that if there are other games that would normally have been PS3 exclusives that instead come out for both the 360 and the PS3, then there's definitely no reason for me to get a PS3 at that price. And who knows, if GTA4 comes out for PC simultaneously as well, then I don't even need a 360. Although with the new DVD types, I'm not sure how that port would go.

Game on,

05-21-2006 at 02:50 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I heard some rumour as to the 360/GTA4 thing, so I assumed that's what you were on about.

And as everyone knows, assuming makes...

Click here to view the secret text

05-21-2006 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Lets see, if you want good games for the Xbox360, I would suggest Kameo: Elements of Power, I've heard that's good.

If you want a FPS, the closest I've played would have to be Metroid or Jedi Outcast. Both good games.
05-21-2006 at 10:17 PM
NiroZ
Ezlo wrote:
If you want a FPS, the closest I've played would have to be Metroid or Jedi Outcast. Both good games.

ignoring the fact that neither of them run on the xbox 360
05-22-2006 at 07:58 AM
Ezlo
Well, he asked for 360 and FPS games. I didn't know one that was both, so I did seperate ones. Jedi Outcast he should be able to run even if he has a stinky computer.
05-22-2006 at 12:12 PM
UrAvgAzn
Ezlo wrote:
Lets see, if you want good games for the Xbox360, I would suggest Kameo: Elements of Power, I've heard that's good.

Chris hates Metroid. I heard Jedi Outcast is very expensive. But Kameo: Elements of Power is excellent. I don't think me or Chris are gonna be on that much in the next two days. We have our MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) Testing :? . Okay, I'll see you.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

P.S. Ezlo, I just played Roachu Bowling. It was a rather different idea. But if you turn your sword and you move one space up (after you hit the orb). Very fun, but you should make it a minigame in your Big Wide World. Thank you.

05-22-2006 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Jedi Outcast isn't that expensive anymore. Jedi Academy is, and it's better than Outcast, but Outcast is better to start with.

Actually, if you can somehow find a copy of Dark Forces 2, that would be better to start with. Don't bother with Dark Forces, I doubt it would ever work on any computer now.
05-22-2006 at 10:01 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
I've got Dark Forces II and Jedi Outcast. They're fun, but I haven't finished either of them.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-22-2006 at 10:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yeah, they are pretty hard games. The only tip I can offer you is to constantly use "Force Protect" and to mash the lightsabe button as fast as possible. That's how I won the game. ;)

(I forget, did you have Force Protect in Dark Forces II?)
05-23-2006 at 02:20 AM
UrAvgAzn
Just checked the price for Jedi Outcast for the Gamecube.
39.99 used
49.99 new

:~( :~( :~(

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

06-06-2006 at 02:12 AM
Ezlo
See if it's cheaper on the computer.
06-06-2006 at 03:00 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Xbox 360
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com