Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Surfactant Potion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Surfactant Potion (0)  
Err... Don't ask about the name...

This potion contains a special chemical, made from extracts of a special mushroom that often grows in dungeons as a parasite of the tar. The chemical is, like the name says, good at reducing surface tension, and so it can do one of two things (You choose which is better):
1. It reduces the surface tension of tar babies, making their contents flow back together and turn into tar again. The potion will act in a one square radius around where it was placed, and will turn all groups of tar babies that are big enough into blobs of tar, or make them attach to another mass of tar if they are near one.
2. It acts on the mass of tar itself. The surface tension breaks down all over the tar mass instantly and will make the tar go runny. The tar will expand one square all along its perimeter for two moves, but will lose volume, and so height, killing all inhabitants of the tar instantly, except tar mothers, and allowing Beethro to walk through the now shallower tar. This very shallow tar can recover , however, and will regenerate to normal height if a tar mother blinks in the room, making Beethro drown if he stands in the shallow tar when it re-grows. The tar can flow into one-square thick passages without breaking up, but will become tar babies when the tar mother grows again. If a monster or mimic steps onto the shallow tar, and it grows while they are on it, it will be engulfed by the tar and will die instantly.

07-21-2003 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Surfactant Potion (0)  
Hmm...I think that right now I prefer number 2...but only because the radius in number one is so small. If r=3...okay, maybe 2, then I would definitely choose it. I think #2 would just be weird looking...and confusing as well.

07-21-2003 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Re: Surfactant Potion (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
I think #2 would just be weird looking...and confusing as well.
Just imagine a giant drop of thick, gloopy and really sticky liquid held together by surface tension like a drop of water. Now imagine what happens if you break the surface tension of the liquid and make it go runny (Try this with water and washing up liquid).

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-22-2003 at 11:05 AM]

07-21-2003 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Surfactant Potion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com