Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (How do I get over here?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (0)  
I probably should have tried going west first, east second . . . but what's done is done. I'd consider restoring back to the entrance, but that means I'd need to do 1E over again.

What are my options to take a peek at the western rooms? Or, for that matter, are the couple of secret rooms I left unconquered going to have to remain that way?

Thanks -
05-06-2006 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (+1)  
key-smiter wrote:
What are my options to take a peek at the western rooms? Or, for that matter, are the couple of secret rooms I left unconquered going to have to remain that way?

just restore to them. no blue-door-guarded secrets here, so you can still get the 100% credit by doing the secrets out of order.

05-06-2006 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter
icon Re: Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (0)  
silver wrote:
key-smiter wrote:

just restore to them. no blue-door-guarded secrets here, so you can still get the 100% credit by doing the secrets out of order.
Ah. Thanks. So much for the secrets on each level - how about the westernmost rooms on the Observatory level? Does the door from the entrance only open when all the secret rooms have been completed?
05-06-2006 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
key-smiter wrote:
Ah. Thanks. So much for the secrets on each level - how about the westernmost rooms on the Observatory level? Does the door from the entrance only open when all the secret rooms have been completed?

if it's yellow and black in diagonal stripes, then you have to complete all the secrets available (before the master doors) in order to make them 'drop'

05-06-2006 at 03:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Well, to be technical, master walls don't care. If they are put guarding a secret room, the hold will be unmasterable. Note to anyone else who bothered to read this: Master walls do not hide secrets. Secrets hide them.
05-06-2006 at 03:40 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
yes, but in this hold, the master walls are correctly placed w.r.t. secrets

05-06-2006 at 03:41 AM
key-smiter
Got "over the wall" (thanks for the clarification) and now I'm not sure I want to be here at all. This is one of the most self-evidently imposing rooms I've seen.
05-06-2006 at 04:19 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Okay, I didn't ask for hints in Perfect 9, not even in The other part of the Observatory, but now I do need a hint. Help?
06-06-2006 at 02:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Ezlo wrote:
Okay, I didn't ask for hints in Perfect 9, not even in The other part of the Observatory, but now I do need a hint. Help?
Click here to view the secret text

EDIT: D'oh! At least give me a chance to finish my own post, Larry... :D

[Last edited by Briareos at 06-06-2006 02:48 PM]
06-06-2006 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1913
You can safely enter the circle through any of the numbered spots.

Of course it can be a bit difficult to avoid the numerous snakes.

I went S and entered at 1 or 2.

Tell me if you want a demo.

06-06-2006 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
OHHHH! I was doing what I usually did for these rooms.

Now I see that entry into the ring. Thanks!

EDIT: Mastered and Done!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-06-2006 03:06 PM]
06-06-2006 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
key-smiter

File: P The Perfectionist Observatory 1W stuck.demo (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
I feel some obligation to this thread, since I started it a month ago . . . actually I've been trying this room off and on and getting nowhere.

Can I ask some kind soul to humor the forum moron, take a quick spin through the attached demo, and let me know where I've gone wrong? Certainly I've gotten one row too far south, but I see no place in my path where that could have been corrected -

Thanks -
06-09-2006 at 02:07 AM
Briareos

File: P The Perfectionist Observatory 1W start.demo (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 87 times.
License: Public Domain
key-smiter wrote:
Can I ask some kind soul to humor the forum moron, take a quick spin through the attached demo, and let me know where I've gone wrong? Certainly I've gotten one row too far south, but I see no place in my path where that could have been corrected
Well, you certainly got yourself into a fine mess...

The longer you stay outside the circle the more likely you are to die, so get out of there as fast as possible.

It's hard to describe, so I'll attach a demo for the start...

06-09-2006 at 07:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Thanks . . . the other hints, and my "feel", had me pointing the sword NW, the wrong direction.
06-09-2006 at 11:19 PM
Ezlo
Hmmm, that's odd. I finished the room with my sword facing NW.
06-10-2006 at 02:19 AM
Briareos
Ezlo wrote:
Hmmm, that's odd. I finished the room with my sword facing NW.
Well, I found it much easier to start with my sword N, but that of course doesn't mean it's the only way to do it... :)

np: Funckarma - Strip (Elaztiq Bourbon 5)

06-10-2006 at 11:15 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Can anyone please give me some hints on what I should do after getting inside? I have tried reaching the mothers, and killing the brains, but the fact that I have to get inside every time I die is really getting to me :throw .

Failing that, a demo would be nice.
10-21-2006 at 12:17 PM
Briareos
icon Re: Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (+2)  
NiroZ wrote:
Can anyone please give me some hints on what I should do after getting inside? I have tried reaching the mothers, and killing the brains, but the fact that I have to get inside every time I die is really getting to me :throw

Hope this helps... :)

np: Rhythm & Sound ft. Freddy Mellow - Truly (Vladislav Delay Remix) (See Mi Yah Remixes)

[Last edited by Briareos at 10-21-2006 01:12 PM]
10-21-2006 at 01:08 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
aaaaaand Mastered!

Thanks for the tip, Briareos. Turns out I do have l33t horde management skillz after all. :) .
(can someone mod him up now, I'm all out)

Now I get to see a screen saying 'Secrets Conquered: 100%. You have conquered Perfection' :D

[Last edited by NiroZ at 10-21-2006 01:46 PM]
10-21-2006 at 01:46 PM
Briareos
NiroZ wrote:
Now I get to see a screen saying 'Secrets Conquered: 100%. You have conquered Perfection' :D
Glad you made it... enjoy the view from up here... :lol :thumbsup

np: 'Weird Al' Yankovic - Pancreas (Straight Outta Lynwood)

10-21-2006 at 06:28 PM
jemann
Rank Points: 160
This must be the only time I've found the harder way to do a larrymurk room :-O . Specifically, I killed off all bar one snake before entering the ring. Takes a lot of trial and error...
11-02-2006 at 03:48 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1913
jemann wrote:
This must be the only time I've found the harder way to do a larrymurk room :-O . Specifically, I killed off all bar one snake before entering the ring. Takes a lot of trial and error...

Yikes..
11-02-2006 at 02:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Perfection : The Perfectionist Observatory : 1 West (How do I get over here?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com