Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Illusionary Walls (and eye-Q potions)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Illusionary Walls (+1)  
These would be walls that aren't really there. But unless you know they aren't there, for you, they are there. But not really. But they are. But ... well you get the idea.

Anyway, these walls would be marked so they are visible to the player (maybe transparent, or having a bluish glow?), but Beethro would only be able to pass them if he drank an eye-Q potion that let him see through them.

Eyes would be able to penetrate the illusion naturally, as would brained monsters. Every other monster would be barred from them.

(Brained seep would avoid them, unbrained seep would die if they tried to enter them.)

And, thanks to the existence of Master Walls, these new walls would be flawlessly consistent with existing aspects of the Eigth. Other than the horrible horrible pun in the potion name of course. :fun

05-03-2006 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Illusionary Walls (0)  
So another way to think about this would be a block which is vulnerable only to an evil eye's "laser" which only "fires" when beethro crosses its path. I like that, but I don't like the eye-q potion idea. Its seems like it would work fine with existing elements without the potion.

As for seeps, I would think that they would be the other way around... ie unbrained seeps would try to go through the wall and die a hideous death, but brained seeps would be smart enough to avoid them.

05-03-2006 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: Illusionary Walls (+2)  
stigant wrote:
As for seeps, I would think that they would be the other way around... ie unbrained seeps would try to go through the wall and die a hideous death, but brained seeps would be smart enough to avoid them.

Yes, I suppose you could describe unbrained behavior first instead of last. Sorry I didn't consult the standards manual.
;) I also forgot the cover sheet.

05-03-2006 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Illusionary Walls (0)  
oh, sorry, I misread it... I didn't mean to restate what you had said.

05-03-2006 at 09:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Illusionary Walls (and eye-Q potions)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com