Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles.
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles. (0)  
Is "I forgot about this" an acceptable excuse? No? Thought not.

Anyway, I'm with the absolutely-no-clue-about-anything group, and I think it's likely to remain that way. I see no pint posting if there's nothing to say. However in a spirit of reciprocation:

Vote: Tuttle.

"Oook!"
05-08-2006 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Okay, I really didn't want to take action, but I think I have to with the number of people to lynch lowering. Sorry Krammer.

Vote: Krammer

At least if Krammer is actually a good guy we will still learn a lesson.
05-10-2006 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Vote Count:

Ezlo (3):
NiroZ
Schik
TripleM

The spitemaster (1):
RoboBob3000

krammer (2):
Tuttle
Ezlo

Tuttle (1):
krammer

6 to lynch as of now. Will reduce by 1 as of every 4 hours starting 40 minutes from now.

[Last edited by coppro at 05-10-2006 06:19 PM]
05-10-2006 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
OK, revenge voting is not a good method so
Unvote: Tuttle
Vote: Ezlo

He has been acting suspiciously, and I've got no better ideas.

"Oook!"
05-10-2006 at 07:08 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Unvote: The spitemaster
Vote: Ezlo

Sorry, Ez, seems like this is going to be the end result anyway. Just hastening it a bit.

05-10-2006 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Vote Count:

Ezlo (5):
NiroZ
Schik
TripleM
RoboBob3000
Krammer

krammer (2):
Tuttle
Ezlo

5 to lynch as of now. Will reduce by 1 as of every 4 hours.

And the town closed in on Ezlo. As night fell, you heard a small whimper. Schik reached into his clothes to pull them off. All he found was a strange sticky red goo. The mob pulled him apart until all that was left were two eyes. The spitemaster grabbed zoombini's sword and said, "This is for Beethro!"

He plunged the sword into Ezlo. That last look of fear was unmistakable. Ezlo was Mud Mother, Monster-Aligned Mineral.

The town would celebrate in the morning. Now it was time to sleep.

It is now Night 4. Do not post!
05-10-2006 at 09:21 PM
Ezlo
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles. (+3)  
Can't I survive to the end just once? That seems like the most fun part! :P Good job killing me. Good luck finding the last monster.
Click here to view the secret text

05-10-2006 at 10:39 PM
coppro
Well, as morning dawned, the town got up, praying that only one person, or maybe even no one would have passed away the night before. Unfortunately, RoboBob3000 was the one to make the horrible discovery this time around, as he stumbled round an are full of orbs and gates. High atop one of the gates that took hours to get down was trick's body. The only identification he had with him were dungeon maps, but those alone were enough to identify him as Mobley Infugot, Surface-Aligned Architect. You burned the maps in honor of his craft, and then you set about to weed out the last of the monsters.

It is now Day 4! With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch!

[Last edited by coppro at 05-15-2006 11:53 PM]
05-15-2006 at 11:52 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
Well, if nobody else is going to start things off, I'll summarise the previous lynching votes:

NiroZ - Someone Else and Ezlo
RoboBob3000 - Someone Else and Ezlo
Schik - Someone Else and Ezlo
The spitemaster - Someone Else and Ezlo
TripleM - Someone Else and Ezlo
krammer - Ezlo
Tuttle - Someone Else
forrestfire - Neither
stigant - Neither

That doesn't make me look quite as innocent as I was hoping, but I'll run with it. IMO, we just have to choose between stigant and forrestfire.

Ezlo said "the last monster", which implies 4 of them. 16 players initially, that makes sense. Except coppro forgot about forrestfire at first, so I doubt he counts as the 4th monster.

Vote: stigant
05-16-2006 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Lynching me won't do you any good. I've been abstaining because I haven't had good enough reasons to vote for anybody.

I'm not sure how great the lynching votes are as indicators, but you (Tuttle) voted for Krammer along with Ezlo in the last round. Since Ezlo turned out to be a monster, perhaps Krammer is not a monster, and you are.

05-16-2006 at 01:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
also, if I was monster aligned, I probably would not have abstained last round. Either I would have voted to save Ezlo (by voting for Krammer) or (if I judged his situation to be helpless) I would have voted for him to make it look like I was not a monster.

05-16-2006 at 02:04 PM
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
Tuttle I agree with your statment but I think there is another part you left off.

First lynch
The spitemaster: Someone else (no changes)
NiroZ: Someone else(no changes)
TripleM: Someone Else (no changes)
Tuttle:The spitemaster
RoboBob3000:Someone Else(no changes)
Schik: Someone else(no changes)
Tuttle: Change to Someone Else

Second Lynch
The spitemaster:Ezlo (Withdrawn later)
NiroZ: Ezlo
Schik: Ezlo
TripleM: Ezlo
RoboBob3000: The spitemaster
Tuttle: RoboBob3000
Tuttle: Unvote RoboBob3000
The spitemaster: Unvote Ezlo
Tuttle: krammer
krammer: Tuttle
krammer: Change to Ezlo
RoboBob3000: Change to Ezlo
(I only included the people still alive)

The people that are switching their vote seems the bigest problem, as well as the people who voted last. The switching suggests that they are a monster just giving up on their team mates. This doesn't give me a perfect record so I think the most unlikly person to be a monster would be NiroZ. So according to my evidence I vote:

Vote:Tuttle

I wish that man would stay away
05-16-2006 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
*checks* Nope, I'm still sure I'm not a monster.

The spitemaster also has a fair argument, unfortunately. I know my neck's on the block today. And if people go with me and stigant turns out not to be the monster, I'd rate my survival odds for tomorrow at zero.

But if people go with me and stigant is the monster, I didn't die. :) That's gotta be a good thing.

I suppose the only other thing I can ask here is that if people can't decide based on the logical arguments, think about the sort of game you want to encourage -- do we want more 48-hour silences, or do we want people to throw ideas around, even if that means making mistakes that need to be corrected later?
05-17-2006 at 05:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Tuttle, I agree. So here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to tell you all what my role is. Or at least tell you what I was told. I'm doing this because I haven't been able to get anything out of my role, but maybe one of you - hopefully not the remaining monster - will be able to make some use of this. Who knows.

The role I have is:
Fegundo, Surfaced Aligned, errr.... something. No one, not even you, is sure what you do. As such, you may target one person every night. If that targeting does something, you will gradually learn more about what you actually do. You win when no threats to the Surface-Dwellers exist.
So Night 1 I followed krammer.
...he didn't seem very purposeful tonight. In fact, he seemed to be almost content that he was down here.... Nothing happened.
Borrrr-ing. Night 2 I followed Ezlo:
Suddenly, you hear Ezlo make some strange noise, and as you ran back to him, you saw him with his eyes closed, straining with all his might. You grabbed him and shook him out of it. You couldn't tell whether he was the cause of that strange noise and whether or not you had just made him happy or angry. All you knew is that you stopped something from happenening.
Mmmkay. Anybody try to do something to Ezlo night 2? Fess up.

Night 3, I followed TripleM.
As you tracked TripleM into the night, you suddenly lost him. You searched around for him, but you couldn't see anyone.
Night 4, I followed forrestfire.
...forrestfire didn't seem to be doing anything last night.
Hopefully this will at least stir up some conversation. I'd love to hear what some other roles are. And if everybody posted something like this, we could probably figure out who's making theirs up so as to not reveil their monsterness.

05-17-2006 at 06:33 AM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
I know I'm supposed to be dead, but as Schik posted his role, I felt I might as well post mine for those who don't understand it, since it can't do any harm.
You are One I Romancer, Surface-Aligned Demigod. On your last misfortunate trip to the Eighth, you managed to convince the residents that you were some sort of demigod. Even the monsters. As such, if you would die, much remorse will be held, especially among those responsible for your killing. You win when all threats to the Surface-Dwellers are eliminated.
This means that if anyone either gave the final lynch vote against me, or killed me during the night, that person would commit suicide. That's why the first people to die were me and Bunches - she was the one who decided to kill me.
Also, that's why we had a day of mourning.
05-17-2006 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Untill this day (day 4) Tuttle has been behaving erratically, untill now. Now he seems to be talking quite alot, and being rather reasonable, which is suspicous to say the least.

Now that we know, thanks to Ezlo, that there is one monster left, it seems as if tuttle, realising that he is acting rather suspicous, has decided to put his act togeather.

vote: Tuttle
05-17-2006 at 09:05 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Tut tut, Tuttle.

Vote: Tuttle

05-17-2006 at 04:03 PM
Ezlo
Since giving out my PM that I got would spoil too much, I shall discribe my role to all you people still alive:

The Mud Mother had to pick a target to smother in mud, and that person would be no longer able to vote the next day. But unfortunatley, due to some people like Schik, I was only able to smother someone once. But I'm not telling who. ;)
05-17-2006 at 04:57 PM
Bunches
Rank Points: 192
Since everyone is giveing out there roles, here's mine.
I was a Brain.
I could send one sentence of up to twenty words telepathically to one player of my choice. That person did not know who it came from.

P.S. (That should ring a bell for someone...)

05-17-2006 at 06:31 PM
krammer
I don't know if dead people giving out their roles is unfair or not... I suppose it's the same for everyone, and it helps us a bit.

I'm shamelessly bandwagonning. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise.
Vote: Tuttle.

"Oook!"
05-17-2006 at 07:22 PM
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
I don't really think that tuttle has been doing anything out of the ordinary.

Vote: NiroZ

I got a funny feeling.

05-17-2006 at 09:22 PM
Tuttle
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles. (+1)  
Uhh, guys? Guys?

NiroZ: Well yeah, but that's survival instinct, not monsterness. :P Until today there hasn't really been enough information to narrow things down to less than half of us. I guessed differently; shoot me. Oh wait...

forrestfire: Is that a funny feeling, or a funny feeling? I'm confident on stigant, but there's still room for doubt if you know something I don't. (And desperation, lots of desperation.)

I like Schik's idea better (well, I like any idea which doesn't include lynching me at this point...).
You are Gutfap Buktor, Surface-Aligned Mercenary. The discovery of an old sword in a corner of the dungeon has given you an idea. Every night you may choose a player to stalk. If that player is a monster, and was selected to carry out that night's kill, you will prevent the killing and kill the monster instead. You win when no more threats to the Surface-Dwellers remain.
Unfortunately I haven't had any success. I picked asmussen, RoboBob3000, Ezlo and trick in that order, but didn't get a hit on any of them.

05-17-2006 at 11:17 PM
The spitemaster
I don't think that all these statments of peoples roles are the truth. "Gutfap Buktor, Surface-Aligned Mercenary" HA nice joke! That for one think would weight the Surface side, and why should we trust you?

I will however announce my role, and I hope you all double think it an all the other roles.

You are 12th Negotiator, Surface-Aligned Emissary. You have been sent by the Empire to investigate the DAA's end of the deal, namely, experimenting with new dungeon elements in return for their use. You have been instructed to not attempt to harm anyone, and have been enveloped in a special field to discourage killing.

Current count
stigant 1
Tuttle 4
NiroZ 1

05-17-2006 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Vote Count:

Tuttle (4):
The spitemaster
NiroZ
RoboBob3000
krammer

stigant (1):
Tuttle

NiroZ (1):
forrestfire

In addition, I did not intend to allow people to disclose their roles after death. However, after taking things into account, I will allow anyone who is dead to claim their role, and nothing else. Please refrain from doing so in the future

[Last edited by coppro at 05-18-2006 12:07 AM]
05-18-2006 at 12:05 AM
The spitemaster
forrestfire normaly I don't argue people's votes but why are you voting for NiroZ? I just proved that he was the least likly person to be a monster. Explain yourself.

05-18-2006 at 12:38 AM
asmussen
Rank Points: 188
Well, since we're all sharing...

You are Smithus, Personal Retainer to King Montgom. King Montgom has ordered that you discover what these new elements are about for his Guard. All you want is out, now. You will win the game as long as you are alive at the end of the game.

So, no special power, I just had to try and not die. Kinda boring.

05-18-2006 at 01:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Lets get this over with

05-19-2006 at 05:15 PM
forrestfire
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
Unvote: NiroZ

The first time I read your(Thespitemaster) post on why NiroZ is the least likely person to be a monster, I didn't really see how you made that connection. I see your point now which is that he voted on Ezlo and didn't change his vote. I guess that is pretty good reason to believe he isn't a monster.

The reason that I did vote on NiroZ was that his "vote for Tuttle post" seemed suspicious and irrational.

05-19-2006 at 10:25 PM
coppro
icon Re: Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles. (+1)  
Vote Count:

stigant (1):
Tuttle

Tuttle (5):
The spitemaster
NiroZ
RoboBob3000
krammer
stigant

As the town closed in on whom they hoped was a monster, they launched into a frenzy, ripping off his human disguise. After finding several human bones, The spitemaster declared that Tuttle had obviously had an excellent disguise, able to mimic humans down to the bone. Krammer, however, discovered a small pouch containing various of Tuttle's personal effects. As he searched through, you could hear him rattling off the list of things inside. "Money, confirmation of clock-winding, alpha-blending, tax receipts, and ah! here we go, ID. Let's see now, he was umm, uh oh, he was Gutfap Buktor, Surface-Aligned Mercenary :doh!" As the crowd gathered round, TripleM suddenly spoke up. "Wait, I've seen that look before. He's definitely gone off the deep end." A quick search revealed him to in fact have been not a mercenary, but a Self-Aligned Cereal Killer. Suddenly forrestfire ran off to protect his Cheerios, and then Erik used his admin powers to correct the spelling mistake. For those of you who didn't follow, Tuttle was Gutfap Buktor, Self-Aligned Serial Killer.

It is now Night 5! Do not post!
05-20-2006 at 07:55 PM
Tuttle
Well, I said I wasn't a monster... O:-

Playing a psychopath was way more fun than it should've been. I'm glad I was apparently able to entertain someone other than myself though. And thanks to coppro for the false-start announcement; very nicely done. :)

05-21-2006 at 03:27 AM
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia for DRODiacs 3: The Coming of the Roles.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com