Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Not every level is possible (I believe that all true Subterra levels are possible. But included Supaplex levels...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Muzozavr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Not every level is possible (+1)  
At least ONE Supaplex level included in Subterra is impossible to solve because the physics are different. And the level is ONE'S MISSING.

In original the orange disc DOES NOT ROLL OFF of anything! And In Subterra, the mine does. At the very start, in the section with two explosives, one explosive is exploded by the rock since the mine blew up the wall. The level is unsolvable, unless you can do this section with only one explosive, and if that's possible, I'll start eating milk soup! :lol
03-16-2006 at 03:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Not every level is possible (0)  
I'll check it out when I get some time, but I can confirm that the original 111 Supaplex levels were indeed doable - even if it took me nearly 10 years on and off of playing :)
03-16-2006 at 04:52 PM
Pampaluna
Rank Points: 13
Hi! I solved One's Missing and I would gladly volunteer a hint but I don't understand what the orange disc is. Can you explain your problem better?
Have a nice day, Caterina
03-16-2006 at 10:55 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247
Orange disk = bomb
Red disk = dynamite
Yellow disk = explosive
Please correct me if I am wrong. I got these from rocks n diamonds.
03-17-2006 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Muzozavr
Oops, I meesed up the names of bomb and mine... :)
But still, I solved this level in Supaplex with two yellow discs. HOW you can do it with only one explosive??????
03-17-2006 at 10:08 AM
Pampaluna
I will refer to the names of the objects as they appear when you press F2, making the list of objects appear.
At the beginning you have 5 explosives and 6 bombs.
In the last part of the game there are 4 bombs, 2 explosives and 1 dynamite.
But there is only one detonator, at the beginning of the game. Did you keep in mind it should serve both the explosives at the beginning and the once placed in the last part of the game?
Pampaluna
03-17-2006 at 11:32 PM
Muzozavr
I know it, BUT it seems that you somehow passed it in Subterra, and so can't understand my problem...
In the last part of the game there are two explosives, but one is immediately destroyed by the rock, leaving me only one explosive in the last part. How can I do the last part with only one explosive? In Supaplex, the orange disc (bomb) did not roll off the wall, and so I had both yellow discs (explosives) available.
03-18-2006 at 08:17 AM
Pampaluna
I took a closer look at the level, Pausing right at the beginning of the Replay, and Yes you're right:
in the final part of the game, 2 bombs and 1 explosive blow up, so by the time you reach the last part of the level you actually have: 2 bombs, 1 explosive and 1 dynamite.
Yet, that was enough to solve the puzzle. Tell me if I can be of help in any way. So far I can just say that the level IS possible as it is, i.e. with only 1 explosive and 1 dynamite (and two bombs) awaiting you when you reach the final part of the level.
Have a nice day,
Caterina
03-18-2006 at 07:42 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Indeed, the level is quite possible (and so is every other level in any released level set; one of the virtues of the demo recording system is that I can quickly verify all of them).

I should point out that several Supaplex levels require different methods, since the physics engines are not entirely the same. I should also point out that I've removed some dynamite bars from several Supaplex levels, since they were in fact superfluous. The increased difficulty is alleviated by the fact that SubTerra has save disks.

The trick for One's Missing? Ah yes. You'll just have to find something else that explodes.

Click here to view the secret text

03-26-2006 at 08:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Muzozavr
Stupid of me... I was thinking around the supaplex method of blowing the scissor (slimey) to free the rock to free the explosives. But here you can push out this explosive!
So the level is solvable. Thank you.
03-29-2006 at 07:17 PM
The Mystic
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18

File: Player.cfg (1.2 KB)
Downloaded 24 times.
License: Public Domain
Every Supaplex level is most definitely possible; I know this because I solved them all. :D :cool
I just can't prove it, because I had to reinstall the game after having to replace my computer a few months ago, and haven't bothered to fully reconquer the levelset yet. :blush

Edit: I finaly got myself back to "Legend" ranking!

Edit #2: I won all the levels in the set! :D Here's my player.cfg file proving it.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by The Mystic at 12-03-2006 07:56 PM]
09-20-2006 at 05:27 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Not every level is possible (I believe that all true Subterra levels are possible. But included Supaplex levels...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com