Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Journey to Rooted Hold : Second Level : 2S (A Strange thing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
IP: Logged

File: challenge Lv2 Jtrh 2S.hold (867 bytes)
Downloaded 54 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Second Level : 2S (0)  
Try to kill all roaches in the chamber situated in South West of the room (sorry I can't add a DROD Image) and before you hit the orb destroy all crumbled walls :
Click here to view the secret text

I have reproduced in my attached file the same chamber, and I did this challenge.
You'll tell me it's exactly the same chamber: well not exactly. There's a small difference beetween these 2 chambers that'll reveal later.
01-02-2006 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Second Level : 2S (0)  
I tried it myself a few days ago. No matter what I tried I couldn't do it, so I gave up after a while, but it would be nice to know I was wrong.

01-02-2006 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
Chaco wrote:
I tried it myself a few days ago. No matter what I tried I couldn't do it, so I gave up after a while, but it would be nice to know I was wrong.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Dali at 01-02-2006 03:59 PM]
01-02-2006 at 03:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Second Level : 2S (+1)  
Dali's rebuilding of the room in the first post may differ from the real room because of monster movement issues. I'd just play the room normally and as tedious as it is, clear those crumby walls every time you fail.

I wasn't able to do it either until I made a small change to the rules. It's still not too easy.

C h a l l e n g e !
 JtRH: Second Level: Twice South 
Break all but one crumby wall in the last chamber before hitting the orb and finish the room.
01-02-2006 at 05:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
Doom wrote:
Dali's rebuilding of the room in the first post may differ from the real room because of monster movement issues. I'd just play the room normally and as tedious as it is, clear those crumby walls every time you fail.

That's it. Roaches don't behave the same way in the 2 chambers.
But I think I know the reason of this difference: It's maybe because the roaches in Jtrh hold aren't disposed the same way as it is in mine.
In fact, you'll see when you enter the room in Jtrh hold that the roaches are disposed randomly. But in my small hold, all roaches are facing South East direction.
That's what I think. :closedeyes

Break all but one crumby wall in the last chamber before hitting the orb and finish the room.

That's possible.
01-02-2006 at 06:17 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Journey to Rooted Hold : Second Level : 2S (A Strange thing)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com