Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
<<2345
Page 6 of 17
78910>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
IP: Logged
icon Re: Questionaire (0)  
Thanks for the warm welcome!

This forum/community is truly wonderful. :thumbsup
07-05-2004 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
icon Re: Questionaire (+2)  
Hair: All different colours, naturally black.
Eyes: Black
Height: 5' 5"
Job/Grade/College: Year 9
Favorite Band: The Rasmus
Favorite Type of Music: Rock
Favorite Movie: 2Fast 2 Furious
Favorite Book: Dunno.... Nokia 3300 Manual?
Favorite Author: Dunno.... Nokia?
How long have you been playing DROD for? 6 Months on the 19th
Ever beat DROD? Nope
If not, how far are you? Level 4
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? If they want to
07-13-2004 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tacticalsausage
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Hey, everybody. I'm gonna try to fill out these queries, but then it's off to Calculus homework for sure! (of course I said this three hours ago).

Real Name: David Arvelo (no middle name, sorta' saddening :~( )
Sex: 110% Male!
Hair: Short black hair, tried to grow it long, looked too messy
Eyes: I have two.
Height: 5'9" figure it out, metric dudes
Job/Grade/College: 12th grade, Cornell University next year
Favorite Band: Umm.. Tool
Music: All.. except country
Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction
Favorite Book: That's a tough one. I wish I read enough to recall which books I've already read. It'll happen someday.
Favorite Game(s): In no particular order so I don't get into trouble :D : DROD, Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger, Far Cry
How long have you been playing DROD: About a month and a half.
Ever beat DROD?: Naww, but it won't be long. I play too much.
What level is currently ruining your grey matter?: Level 20
Favorite level: NOT 13, but you gotta' respect how well-designed that maze was.
Proudest moments: Every time I beat a room that's stumped me.
Dumbest thing I've ever done: Play with pepper spray. Was all in good fun, but long story short, apartment building where I reside got evacuated and a few people had a small amount of trouble breathing for a bit, but in the end, no harm done. :) Was many years ago, and we youngsters didn't mean any particular harm, but on the bright side, we made it on TV! Woo!
Origin of username: On occasion I like to register with silly names, and there's a little formula I have to go about doing so. :fun

Sorry if this is classified "digging up dead threads." I realized it was two months old after writing all this and figured I'd rather be reprimanded than lose all that work!

09-20-2004 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Don't worry, this is an introductory thread so it's exempt from the normal rules on dead threads. Far better to post here if you want to introduce yourself than start a new thread.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

09-20-2004 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
Hair: Extremely curly dark brown hair. Not afro material, yet.
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'9
Job/Grade/College: Senior 2 (10th Year)
Favorite Band: David Bowie, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Pat Metheny, Count Basie, Tower Of Power (can be listing for on and on..)
Favorite Type of Music: Classic/Modern Jazz, Classic Rock, Funk, Blues (Generally all revolves around Jazz, but what the hey)
Musical Instruments (Learning and Playing): Piano, Alto/Tenor Sax, Aux Percussion, Timpani, Bagpipes.
Favorite Movie(s): Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars Series
Favorite TV Shows: Curb Your Enthusiam, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, Da Ali G Show, Daily Show W/ Jon Stewart, Bobroom, Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, Aqua Team Hunger Force.
Favorite Book(s): The HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy Trilogy, Starfist Series
Favorite Games: Earthbound, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario RPG, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy VII, Legend Of Zelda: OoT, DROD, Infantry Online, Kingdom Of Loathing.
Anything Else You Would Like To Know: I'm catching the cold and a freakish warm gust of wind blew over Manitoba (maybe some other provinces) causing temperatures to rise up to 33 degrees C today.

09-20-2004 at 03:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Favorite Bands: Leevi and the Leavings, Machinae Supremacy, VNV Nation, etc...
Favorite Movies: Prefer series for the most part. BSG/Stargate/Babylon 5 are great.
Favorite Book: Any lengthy fantasy epics.
Favorite Authors: Ilkka Remes, several fantasy authors
Favorite Games: Some long time favourites - DROD, Fish Fillets, Doom II, Metroids
Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person
Are you a dog person or a cat person? Cat person
Origin of username: ID Software
What is your number one favorite thing in the entire world to do? Staying up late without worrying about having to wake up early the next day. With some good food.
What's your proudest moment? Placed second in our school at a 9th graders math contest when I was on the 7th grade.
How long have you been playing DROD for? On and off since 2004.
Favourite DROD:AE levels: Level 21, Level 25
Least favourite DROD:AE levels: Level 13, Level 18
Favourite DROD:JtRH levels: Level 7, Level 11, Level 22, The Dreamplane
Least favourite DROD:JtRH levels: Level 8, Level 16, Level 25
Ever beat DROD? All official holds, yes. Most of the hardest fanmade ones too.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Maybe not an admin, but perhaps something else that's nearly as cool.

[Last edited by Doom at 03-02-2014 09:51 AM : tidying up]
11-17-2004 at 06:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Questionaire (+3)  
Name: Yura Karasik.
Username: Maurog Darkheart.
Hair: Very Dark Brown.
Eyes: Deep Brown.
Height: 185cm.
Religion: I make my own as I progress. Why use standard issue if you can get a personal fit?
Job/Grade/College: College, 4th and last year for B.Sc. in Computer Science.
Favourite Types of Music: Very individual taste, I rate each song separately. Favorite songs include "Around the World" by ATC, "Zombie" by Cranberries, "Angels Crying" by E-type, "Phantom of the Opera"...
Favourite Computer Games: Wizardry VII, ADOM (also other roguelikes including Diablo), Planescape: Torment, DROD, most Final Fantasy titles, most Zelda titles (also many more console RPGs including Chrono Trigger), a mud called After the Plague, also Magic Online.
Obscure Hobbies: Magic The Gathering, Chess (preferrably bughouse).
Favourite Movies: Shrek 1, Sleepy Hollow (in fact, any movie featuring Johnny Depp), Back to the Future I-III, also any movie featuring Bruce Willis.
Favourite Series: The Simpsons, Samurai Jack, Pinky and the Brain, also lately Kino's Journey.
Favourite Authors & Books: Terry Pratchett.
Time playing DROD: I don't remember how I first got Webfoot DROD, I think it was on my computer forever. I got pretty far in that one, including passing the three tar mothers room by myself (I'm really proud of it), then switched computers a few times, had Caravel Drod, and now I have Caravel Drod:AE.
Beaten DROD: I'm on level 23 right now, trying to reach the top.
Favourite level: The tar level has to be my favorite.
Least Favourite level: Oh, I dunno, probably the one in which you had to close lots of roaches in cages and only then kill them.
Favourite things to do: Play RPG games, read books, dream, solve puzzles.
Desert island companion: There is this girl I love... but I don't think I really want her to be stranded on a desert island, with or without me.
Dumbest thing ever done: I joined the IDF and wasted 3 years of my valuable life there.
Proudest moments: I don't feel like I have achieved anything great to be really proud of yet. Wait, I'm pretty proud of the design which you can see on my avatar, it was designed by me. Don't you think it's cool?
Day or Night person: Night person.
Cat or Dog person: Cat person. Although I don't own a cat (or rather, no cat owns me), I'm fascinated by all things feline.
What is your ultimate goal in life: Get a great education, find a job I like which earns me tons of money, ultimately get married and settle down, preferrably not in Israel. Oh yeah, I also always wanted to write a computer game.
Origin of username: I invented that nick a long time ago, I don't remember when I didn't have it. It's the nick I use everywhere. Oh by the way, when I found out Maurog is apparently a real Italian name, it was a real surprise.

12-15-2004 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Maurog wrote:
Name: Yura Karasik.
Username: Maurog Darkheart.

Hey, someone from home! Cool.

Job/Grade/College: College, 4th and last year for B.Sc. in Computer Science.

At Hebrew U? Maybe you know my brother...

Dumbest thing ever done: I joined the IDF and wasted 3 years of my valuable life there.

I know the feeling.

12-15-2004 at 01:30 PM
YtterbiJum
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'7"
Job/Grade/College: Dual-enrolled (11th grade and college freshman)
Favorite Band: I'm not too picky.
Favorite Type of Music: Rock and Techno
Favorite Movie: The Matrix, Star Wars series
Favorite Book: Hmm, that's a tough one... I don't have a lot of time to leisurely read books.
Favorite Author: Whoever writes good books.
How long have you been playing DROD for? Since summer
Ever beat DROD? I beat KDD, yes.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No thanks.

12-15-2004 at 06:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: I'd say Gray
Height: 201 cm in my docs (at 18), probably outdated
Job/Grade/College: IT student at Gdansk University, work - digitalizing paper navigation charts
Favorite Band: Never been one to call any band favourite. My preferences are "per individual piece", not "per band"
Anyway, some of favourites:
Black Sabbath, old Delerium, Hans Zimmer (movie music - Crimson Tide, Gladiator etc), Sisters of Mercy, older Enigma, Mark Morgan (Planescape:Torment music
Favorite Type of Music: No defined "favourite" kind of music. Just like with bands. Some kinds I tend to listen more:
Mining(shortcut for rock&metal), instrumental(mostly celtic), ambient, some electronics
Favorite Movie: Dunno... Gladiator ?
Favorite Book: LOTR, Dune (particularly first book), Xawras Wyzryn(2 polish sf stories), Kane serries by Wagner (athmosphere), Small Gods (TP), (Adventures of )Good Soldier Schweik(during World War) by Jaroslaw Hasek - kickass book !...
Favorite AuthorS: Roger Zelazny, JRR Tolkien, Stanislaw Lem, Ambrose Bierce, polish sf/fant writers like Jacek Dukaj, A.Wolski, Wit Szostak, Ziemkiewicz...
How long have you been playing DROD for? About a year or so, too
Ever beat DROD? Yes, few months ago
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? If they have suicidal tendencies, yes.
Do you think cats are nicer than dogs ? Obviously
Do you like badgers, raccoons(sp?), rats, squirrels, mice, bears, wolves, lynxes, gepards, cheetahs, lamparts, tigers (lions are stupid&ugly), wombats, carnivorous kangaroos (extinct) ? Yes
Are you biased ? Yes, and proud of it.
Do you like white-haired afros or blondes with heavy suntan ? No.
Favourite computer games:
RPG/Roguelike, RTS/Turn Based Strategies, FPP (fancy mods like Natural Selection, Team Fortress, Enemy Territory(not really a mod, but great))
Origin of username Borsuk means Badger in polish. 0 is there to make it more unique.
Bizzarre hobbies: Doing things in strangest way possible, developing new ways. Using least popular class/weapon/thing in computer games and winning.
Computer games theoretics. Developing computer games. My coding skills are remarkably poor, however, so I settle for providing ideas (mostly ignored) and ocassionaly, 2D graphics with GIMP. As a result I'm very interested in development of such games as:

D.R.O.D. http://drod.net)

UFO:AI (unbelievable what can you do with quake2 engine ! There's only first techdemo available, and it's fantastic.) http://ufoai.net

Xenocide the hard sf roguelike
- shows much promise, and the autor seems to like my ideas. Perhaps because we're from same country. It's pretty much playable, but there are few levels and linux port is broken. As roguelikes go, this one seems quite advanced: monsters wear and use weapons, armors, items; there are gas grenades, you can construct robots and program them (!) using simple language, zones (currently shuttle, city, lab, mines, caves, underground) each have their individual, randomly generated level style... Multiple fire modes like single, burst, auto for same weapon, various ammo for same weapon. There are such things like transucent walls or doors, shooting windows etc rarely seen in roguelikes.
Website down and will be reactivated "soon".

PRIDE DESTROYED MAGINCIA !
Hey, I know it !
Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by b0rsuk at Local Time:12-17-2004 at 10:39 AM]

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
12-17-2004 at 09:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Hair: Light brown?
Eyes: Like Beer :)
Height: No idea
Job/Grade/College: None
Favorite Band: E-Type
Favorite Type of Music: Everything, excepting Hip-Hop
Favorite Movie: Samiswoi (Polish Movie)
Favorite Book: Too many:)
Favorite Author: Frank Herbert, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, Eoin Colfer
How long have you been playing DROD for? Two days :)
Ever beat DROD? Already I'm in Eight Level
If not, how far are you? level 8
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? I don't think so

12-28-2004 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Questionaire (+1)  
trick wrote:
Um. Remind me to do this sometime. (Not now, though.)
>>poke<<

Hey, actually I was writing something about you and really wanted some reference material to use. I went to this topic like I always do when I want to dig up dirt on somebody, but... nothing.

Trick, you gotta fill out the questionnaire. Hurry.

-Erik

12-29-2004 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Name: Dave Stigant.
Username: stigant.
Hair: Very Dark Brown.
Eyes: Deep Brown.
Height: 6'0".
Religion: None
Job/Grade/College: High School Math Teacher
Favourite Types of Music: Rock
Favourite Computer Games: Currently DROD, though I like most puzzle games, esp action puzzlers I was into Puzzle Pirates for a while. Tetris of course, and a game called Wetrix were very good.
Obscure Hobbies: Chess, Curling.
Favourite Movies: Braveheart, Shawshank Redemtion, Princess Bride, Godfather Series, Bladrunner, Alien series, Twelve Monkeys
Favourite Series: The Simpsons, Samurai Jack, Scrubs, CSI, Pimp My Ride, Good Eats
Favourite Authors & Books: Vernor Vinge (A Deepness in the Sky, A Fire on the Deep), Arthur C. Clarke (Rondevous with Rama), Isaac Asimov (The Gods Themselves), Connie Willis (To Say NOthing of the Dog), Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game)
Time playing DROD: About a year, give or take
Beaten DROD: Yes, once.
Least Favourite level: 13 and the all tar levels.
Favourite things to do: read books, solve uzzles.
Desert island companion: Jennifer Aniston.
Dumbest thing ever done: Let my temper get the better of my judgement. Numerous times.
Proudest moments: Finishing the garbage collector project for an interpreted language.
Day or Night person: Either.
Cat or Dog person: Neither
What is your ultimate goal in life: Beat the last level.
Origin of username: Last name (so lazy)

01-10-2005 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
stigant wrote:
Favourite Series: The Simpsons, Samurai Jack, Scrubs, CSI, Pimp My Ride, Good Eats
Wow...I'm not the only person who watches shows about food!

Seriously, how can anyone not enjoy that show? Combine food with humour and information. It's like making a knowledge cake made of chocolate and whipped cream with Adam Sandler!! Anyone who has not seen this show has to. I kid not.

01-10-2005 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
OK, so I've left this slightly late. What can I say but 'Oops'?

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: *checks* Grey-green.

Height: God alone knows - fairly close to 6'

Job/Grade/College: Student (worse luck) at the Guildford Royal Grammar.

Favorite Band: None.

Favorite Type of Music: I'll listen to just about anything except modern rap. That said, video game music normally encompasses a wide variety of genres and forms the base of my collection.

Favorite Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail. No contest.

Favorite Book: I'd have to say The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams), although Terry Pratchett's Discworld series is also excellent.

Favorite Author(s): Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchet, Dan Brown, Matthew Reilly, Stephen King, William Golding, John Fowles, H.P. Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling.

How long have you been playing DROD for? Quite a while now - I first saw it maybe 7-8 years ago, put it down because I wasn't smart enough yet, then picked it up again maybe nine months ago, got to a particularly annoying efficiency room on L17 and put it down, then recently picked it back up again.

Ever beat DROD? Yep!

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? Not if they're sane. I wouldn't mind being a beta tester, though!

Do you think cats are nicer than dogs? Cats bury their excrement. Dogs display it proudly. Enough said.

Do you like badgers, raccoons(sp?), rats, squirrels, mice, bears, wolves, lynxes, gepards, cheetahs, lamparts, tigers (lions are stupid&ugly), wombats, carnivorous kangaroos (extinct)? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes - but for the most part only from a distance.

Are you biased ? Only against idiots, trolls and political nutjobs.

Do you like white-haired afros or blondes with heavy suntan? No.

Favourite computer game genres: RPGs (roguelikes strategy RPGs and D&D clones as well), puzzle games, FPSes, platformers, 'adventure' games like Zelda, space shooters and occasionally beat-'em'ups.

Origin of username: The literal translation of my last name from Lithuanian is Foxman.

Bizzarre hobbies: Programming, Judo, wasting away my life on fora, reading, worrying about the impending nuclear war (yeah, I'm a pessimist - see age field) and playing computer games.

01-10-2005 at 10:56 PM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348
Michael (Mike/Micky/Misha) Abbott

Hair:
Blondish, short yet overpowering.

Eyes:
Grayish blue

Height:
6' 4"

Job/Grade/College:
Student at Oberlin College

Favorite Band/Music:
I'm a big music buff, so I'll just list a few artists and albums that I like: The Klezmatics, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Focus, Renaissance, Philip Glass, Franz Liszt, The OneUp Mushrooms, Sergei Prokofiev, Dimitri Shostakovich, Mel'nica, Bela Fleck, Blonde Redhead, Blood Sweat and Tears, Camel, Can, Frank Zappa, Dread Zeppelin, Flogging Molly, The Beatles, Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel, The Zombies, Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Burt Bacharach, Boney M, Don Byron, Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Koji Kondo, Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Yes, Walter/Wendy Carlos, Doctor Ammondt, Wesley Willis, Bob Dylan, Cab Calloway, Cream, Coheed and Cambria, Gryphon, Hem, Iron Butterfly, Joan Baez, Little Feat, Lovin' Spoonful, Marlene Dietrich, Charles Trenet, Al Green, George Clinton, Isaac Heyes, Ravi Shankar, Yehudi Menuhin, Steve Reich, Disney Soundtracks, The Who, Run Lola Run, The Godfather, The Wizard of Oz, By Jeeves, Amilie (Soundtracks), Tomas Bodin, Thomas Dolby, Oingo Boingo, Vangelis, Moody Blues, The Doors, Spike Jones, Sam & Dave, Rick Wakeman, Pink Floyd, Peter Paul and Mary, Fairport Convention, The Comedian Harmonists, Al Jolson, Tennesee Ernie Ford, Ennico Morricone, Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, The Shaggs, Overclocked Remixes, Van der Graaf Generator, Opeth, The Divine Comedy, Brian Eno, Tangerine Dream, Raznotravie, Procol Harum, Moby, The Cowsills, Earth Wind and Fire, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Sigur Ros, The Raymond Scott Quintet, Mysterious Clown, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, and the Mad Acid Rock Tapdancing Shoes of Harry Zonk, although I'm really open to most anything.

Favorite Movie:
Kurosawa all the way. I'd say Yojimbo is my favorite movie, simply because Toshiro Mifune is SO much cooler than Clint Eastwood (If you don't know, Clint Eastwood's first movie was a complete remake of Yojimbo, Kurosawa's tribute to the western). I like movies that show humanity. I'm also a fan of movies that don't have characters or plot. Godfrey Reggio's Qatsi trilogy is some wonderfully beatiful stuff, an incredible use of the projector screen as a canvas. There are a lot of very mainstream movies I haven't seen, like the Lord of the Rings things and Star Wars, but I'll get around to them eventually, I'm sure.

Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment. So amazing. I read the whole 600 page book in one sitting the first time I read it. Took all night, but man, what a book. Other favorites: The Master and Margarita, Confederacy of Dunces, Leaves of Grass, The Sea and the Mirror, and countless others.

Favorite Author(s): Well, Dostoevsky of course. Kobo Abe is nice and surreal, also humanist. Kafka, Tolstoy, Pushkin, Anthony Burgess, Camus, Christopher Moore is nice and silly, Huxley, Orwell, Shakespeare (naturally), Philip Larkin, Fairy tales. But whatever. Here's what I don't like: Anything you can find in a Southern Bookstore. Christian Romance Novels. Books about stuff happening instead of people doing stuff. Anything with flowers on the cover. Willa Cather. Essays that aren't satirical or theoretical. Anything realistic for the sake of realism. Anything else I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

For how long have you been playing DROD?
Played the demo 6-8 years ago, came back to the real game a year or two ago.

Have you ever beaten DROD?
On five or more different computers (I'm ready for 2.0).

Do you think cats are nicer than dogs?
I have a harder time imagining cats dead. Dogs I always imagine dead. Also, dogs are afraid of me. How many times have I heard the phrase, "I've never seen that dog bark at anyone before!" ? Too many.

Do you like (an amalgam of different animals):
Yes, most notably spiny things, like echidnas or hedgehogs. They're so cute. Lizards, frogs, etc. Also, I've been told I resemble a lion in appearance, so I might as well like those, too.

Are you biased?
Um. . . for the sake of argument. . . yes. Incredibly. Also, I believe hypocrisy is a virtue. The greatest virtue of them all.

Do you like white-haired afros or blondes with heavy suntan?
I have never seen one, or at least have never noticed.

Favourite computer game genres:
Puzzle games with simple parts that interact in complex ways.

Origin of username:
It is my ghetto name. Abbyzzmal, Fo-shizzle.

Bizarre hobbies:
Well, let me think of some: Rhythmic Flower Ballet. Orange juice stacking. Flight. Competitive self-loathing. Stamp-collecting? (I always thought that was bizarre)
As for my actual hobbies, I've been known to poet things, I meditate and fast, I think, I read, and all my self-loathing is done recreationally.
01-11-2005 at 12:16 AM
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
icon Re: Re: Questionaire (+2)  
erikh2000 wrote:
Malarame wrote:
ClaytonW wrote:
Should Erik (with a "k," Matt) or Clayton make you an Admin?
Oops, sorry Erik :P

I almost took your Senior Member status away, I was so upset.

-Erik

I can see that it has made you so upset that you are a bit green. you don't look like you are feeling well, Erik. And there is something spewing from your mouth. It looks like you need some rest.

Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5' 10"
Birthday: 08/08/1976 11:59 PM
Job/Grade/College: QA/Development/Database Crap, Completed BS in Computer Science - December of 2002, Weber State University
Favorite Type of Music: Classical (mostly the Baroque and Classical era).
Favorite Movie: Can't really pin down a favorite. Some that top my favorites - All the Starwars, The Count of Monte Cristo, Shrek (mainly because I have a facination with Computer animation), I Robot, and more that I should type up to bore you with right now.
How long have you been playing DROD for? Since 1999 or 2000. A good friend of mine introduced me to it and I was hooked right away.
Ever beat DROD? Yes, probably about 3 or 4 times.
Hobbies: Ice Hockey, Programming, Karate, other crap.
Be made an Admin?: Doesn't matter to me. I have done it before. I guess that I am in the "Whatever happens, happens" category.
01-11-2005 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
ErikH2000 wrote:
Trick, you gotta fill out the questionnaire. Hurry.
Um. Okay. :)

Name: Gerry Jo Jellestad
Hair: Dark blond/brown-ish, currently around shoulder length (was longer before)
Eyes: Blue/gray (with glasses in front)
Height: 175 cm
Job/Grade/College: Student at the University of Bergen
Favorite color: The clothes I'm wearing are usually black, grey, white-ish or, sometimes, blue. I have some clothes of other colors as well, though. As a self-proclaimed "artist" (heh) I like all the colors (mostly ;)).
Favorite music: I listen to and like almost anything. Some of my favorites are the Prodigy, Massive Attack, and many others. Lately I've listened a lot to jazz and blues.
Favorite movie: There's so many to choose from... In no particular order, I like the LotR triology, Matrix triology, Pirates of the Caribbean, anything from Pixar, Blues Brothers, Spirited Away, Metropolis (anime), Fantasia, Run Lola Run, Cube, Being John Malkowich, the Harry Potter movies, Kill Bill vol 1 & 2, the Indiana Jones movies (including the young ones, like "Mystery of the Blues" :)), Donnie Darko, Big Fish, Fight Club, David Lynch's movies, lots of others I don't know the english name of, even more films I don't remember the name of at all (obscure european ones), and, uh... many others.
Favorite book: That's a hard one, but I guess I should choose something specific after that long and incomplete movie list, eh ? :) So, I'll say the "The Daughter/Servant/Mistress of the Empire" triology by Raymond E Feist. Okay, it's three books, but they're great.
Favorite author: Douglas Adams.
Things I like: Like doing creative stuff, like art, coding (including on undead platforms like the C64 :)), etc. Also like listening to music and seeing movies. Spend maybe a bit much time in front of a monitor, but some fresh air now and then is nice. Also tried some karate last year, which I wasn't the best at, but I liked it. Want to do more of that. I also like to read, mostly fantasy, but I like other stuff as well. A bit into comics and cartoons. Extremely old cartoons are fun. :)
Day or night person: Night.
Cat or dog person: Cat.
How long have you been playing DROD: Since around sometime early 2003, I think. I was bored, looking for a fun game that was playable in Linux, and ran across DROD at the news entries at the SDL site. It claimed to be around 75% complete for Linux, I think. There was no Linux download here at DROD.net, and the source code seemed to need much work to compile (Schik had ported it to Irix before, but the code had changed a bit since then), so I moved on and forgot about it... for about 2 weeks. Then I suddenly remembered the game (the screenshots had looked like fun), and decided to try it in Windows. I did, and was hooked. When I was somewhere around level 15 (I think) I joined the forum and asked about the Linux version, and learned there was noone working on it. I badly wanted this game to have a Linux version so that I (and others :)) could play it in my favorite OS, so I volunteered, and, well, the rest is history ;)
Beat DROD ? Yeah :). I started working on the Linux port before I had beat it, though. I remember not wanting to touch any files having "Win" or "End" in their name so that the ending wouldn't be spoiled for me :)
Favorite KDD level: Hm... Not sure. I like most of them :)
Least favorite KDD level: Level 9.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin ? Nah, bad idea. ...oh, wait.

- Gerry
01-12-2005 at 03:40 AM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Bumping this for new'uns we had many lately.

02-27-2005 at 10:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hix
Rank Points: 106
Hair: Red
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5 foot 12
Job/Grade/College: Formerly Caltech.
Favorite Band: The Beatles.
Favorite Type of Music: Waltz.
Favorite Movie: Casablanca.
Favorite Book: Whatever I happen to be reading.
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie.
How long have you been playing DROD for? 3 years, but just started attempting user holds this year.
Ever beat DROD? Yup.
If not, how far are you? Currently at Bavato's Level 13.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No way, man.

[Last edited by Hix at 02-23-2006 10:23 PM]
02-28-2005 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
<Information outdated>

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 10-28-2014 08:40 PM : Information outdated]
03-06-2005 at 05:08 PM
vylycyn
Rank Points: 486
I guess I should fill this thing out...

Hair: brown

Eyes: grayish blue

Height: 6 foot 2 inches (about 1.88 meters)

College: University at Buffalo

Favorite Band: I don't have one.

Favorite Type of Music: Same as above.

Favorite Movie: Don't really have one. But generally like strange movies, science fiction, and comedy.

Favorite Book: I've read too much to have a favorite. I like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Asimov's Foundation and Robot Books, the Ender books, the Hyperion books, the Otherland quadrilogy, Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon The Deep and A Deepness In the sky, Revelation Space by Alistair Reynolds, Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy, and a buch more.

Favorite Author(s): All the authors listed above, Steven King, Robert Heinlein, Philip K. Dick, Mark Anthony, Piers Anthony, and probably some more that I just can't think of right now.

How long have you been playing DROD? Since just after DROD:AE came out.

Ever beat DROD? More than once.

Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? I don't care, although I don't expect Clayton to make me one, considering how he is not in a position to do that anymore.

Do you think cats are nicer than dogs? (Generally I like dogs better, but I've never really any had pets.)

Are you biased ? Is there such a thing as an unbiased person?

computer game genres: almost anything, although I don't usually like sports games(I would rather play the sport in reality)

Origin of username: copied from the almost 1000 members thread:
Its "volition", only spelt with y's instead of the vowels and a c instead of the t. The reason for the c and the y's is that I am trying to learn to speak Lojban(its a constructed language), and in it y is pronounced like a schwa and c's are pronounced with the sh sound. So when you pronounce it in Lojban, it sounds aproximately like the word volition. Actually, I changed to vylycyn to make my name make more sense, but I guess that it didn't work out so well. I used to use xiist as a screen name, but that really was completely random.

Bizzarre hobbies: Making 3D computer backgrounds, searching the Internet goallessly, <-- intentionally abusing the English language, learning Lojban, finding and playing obscure but excellent computer games, using Linux(Gentoo) and BSD, programming, learning other ways to do the same old things in different ways(typing in Dvorak, writing upsidedown, backwards or with my right hand[I'm left handed], etc), not signing up on a forum until I get to be the 1000th member, walking around campus for hours with no destination in mind, reading and speculating about the future, adding "and other stuff" to the end of long lists, and other stuff.

[Last edited by vylycyn at 09-16-2022 04:32 PM]
03-06-2005 at 10:15 PM
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Re: Questionaire (+1)  
It's been a year and a half since I posted here, so here's some newer information.

Eyes: Blue
Height: 1 m 80 cm
Job/Grade/College: Third and final grade of high school
Favorite Band: If I can pick individual musicians, Tom Lehrer. Otherwise, Shubidua (a Danish band that most of you have probably never heard of).
Favorite Type of Music: My tastes are pretty odd, here. As mentioned above, I like Tom Lehrer's stuff and similar things, but currently, my favorite songs are the tunes from the computer game Tyrian, especially One Mustn't Fall. So I'm rather unpredictable.
Favorite Movie: The Usual Suspects
Favorite Book: The War of the Flowers by Tad Williams.
Favorite Author: Tad Williams. Terry Pratchett has been moved down to second place.
How long have you been playing DROD for? I started with Webfoot a long time ago.
Ever beat DROD? Yep. Before checkpoints were introduced. I'll never do it again.
Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin? No.
Favorite DROD level: 23

03-16-2005 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
icon Re: Re: Questionaire (0)  
:Should Erik or Clayton make you an Admin?
I'm a mere shadow of my former webmasterly greatness. I don't even have the ability to promote people like that anymore. I just noticed this. Should the original posts be edited to omit this part from now on? Maybe avoid some confusion if there is any among new posters about who the head-honchos are?
03-16-2005 at 10:47 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Well, let's clear that up right now. Erik, mrimer, Schik, trick and Mattcrampy are the head honchos. Doesn't have the same kick to it, though.

Edit: So's Oneiromancer.... so much for clearing things up.

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy at Local Time:03-18-2005 at 04:50 AM: Memory failure at 0x3F29]

03-17-2005 at 03:29 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Hey now...don't forget that I'm a moderator too. And I didn't even answer that question when I filled out the Questionnaire...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-17-2005 at 04:23 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Oneiromancer wrote:
Hey now...don't forget that I'm a moderator too.
And there are a few others you forgot, too. Hopefully, mod points can't be used to hire thugs. :unsure

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:03-17-2005 at 04:53 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-17-2005 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Back when I first wrote that up I just threw that question in there as a joke. I think maybe we should come up with a new questionaire full of new and better questions. That way, everyone who's already an active member can answer it again and we can find out all sorts of new stuff about people we thought we knew.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-17-2005 at 07:45 PM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348
Behemoth is the greatest.

Here is an illustration for the second scene that B0rsuk mentioned:

More illustrations here.

I totally recommend this book to anyone who likes books in the least. It has mass appeal.
03-17-2005 at 09:24 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Oh yes, this is one of the greatest books of our time, a true classic. A must read for anyone who knows how to read. Of course it's best to read it in the original language and be familiar with the Russian culture in general, but even if you miss all that it's still amazing. Behemot is my favorite character too, and that scene with the cops is hilarious.

03-17-2005 at 09:38 PM
<<2345
Page 6 of 17
78910>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Questionnaire
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes