Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro Budkin in "That Really Annoying Hold" (Evil :/)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

2.5/10 (27 votes)
σ 2.54
Author Name:Tom
Submitted By:Blood Maggot
Hold Name:Beethro Budkin in "That Really Annoying Hold"
Theme:Evil :/
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:36
Number of Monsters:5148
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:-1 (+12 / -13)
Poster Message
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
IP: Logged
icon Re: Beethro Budkin in (+1)  
10N3W is still impossible. Odd that it's listed as 'fixed' in the "Unconquerable Rooms" thread. I imagine it could be fixed by removing either the top or bottom mimic potions, or just moving them one square to the right. That way you could kill a row of roaches... and then have to kill them all yourself without a mimic to help, if you simply removed a potion. I guess that fits with the theme of the hold, but I'm really not sure how this room was intended to be 'annoying' and not simply impossible. If you were to survive picking up the first mimic potion, then you could just keep picking more up and get a whole column of mimics, then charge left. Not very annoying at all, at least as far as killing the roaches is concerned.

You could also put some walls on the bottom or top rows so that there's a mimic potion with only one roach next to it.

However, even if you drop all the trap doors, you won't be able to get through the room, as at that point you can't get to the red door. There should be a normal floor spot next to the red door so that you can step off of the last trap door. Heck, put a whole column of regular floor next to the red door, that way you could theoretically use the mimic potions to run straight through the roaches. Still, not annoying.

[Last edited by McFrugal at 05-20-2006 05:06 PM]
05-20-2006 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Beethro Budkin in (+1)  
I'll pull a wallu and confirm that this hold is now conquerable.

06-13-2006 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Rank Points: 42
icon Re: Beethro Budkin in (0)  
Good to see love for this piece of crap.

<3
07-14-2006 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Almost modded you down til I realised you submitted this one lol

Can't really argue if the creator has anything bad to say ;)
07-14-2006 at 11:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
So, uh, where are the exit stairs?

EDIT: Man that hold was annoying! I finished it. I'm not even going to bother rating it.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 03-13-2007 02:38 AM]
03-13-2007 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Rank Points: 42
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but as the author of this hold, is there any way to remove this hold from the site? It doesn't feel quite right having something this poor available to play.
02-12-2009 at 09:42 PM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Well, the rules say that once something is on the holds board, it stays there, but it might be possible to make an exception for something created before those rules existed (if that is the case).
02-12-2009 at 09:46 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Blood Maggot wrote:
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but as the author of this hold, is there any way to remove this hold from the site? It doesn't feel quite right having something this poor available to play.
I think that given the effort involved making this hold actually playable/completable, and the amount of time spent by optimisers dealing with each room, the idea of deleting this hold is not an option.

Nowadays, there exists a team of people called the HA's who check for quality before submission. Older holds have been changed (if the original author is no longer around) to make them at least conquerable.

My opinion is let's just leave this hold as is.
02-25-2009 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Beethro Budkin in "That Really Annoying Hold" (Evil :/)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com