Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (I need some help in this room.)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
This is the only room that I need to compleate to beat the game. Could anyone please give me some advice. I can't seem to block off enough goblins in a way that I can still leave the room.

[Last edited by patmo98 at 07-31-2005 05:22 PM]
07-31-2005 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (+1)  
I made a blockage on the North end kind of like this:

-------
   |     |
   |     |
----     ---

With a 2-square wide passage at the top. It might not be the best or the most elegant way, but it proved to me that it was solveable. ;) There are a lot of ways to beat this room, I bet, so keep trying.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-31-2005 at 06:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (-1)  
This is one of those good rooms that have a million solutions and all of them are fun to watch. What am I saying? I didn't beat this room yet. I have only level 15 and a few secret rooms till I can come out of the dungeon to get paid.(I am guessing that is where the master wall goes to in the first level enterance)

07-31-2005 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
patmo98
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
Thanks for the help I finally dropped the master wall. :thumbsup
07-31-2005 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
I'm also stuck on this one, despite there being "multiple solutions". I've beaten the hold, save for this room and the secret room on Level 19.

On Level 19 my problem is that the roach that goes into the snake chamber in the corner won't stay long enough with the snake to kill it.

EDIT: Beaten the Level 23 secret room. Now to just kill that snake...

[Last edited by Unkillable Cat at 07-31-2005 07:12 PM]
07-31-2005 at 06:51 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The above is the best hint I can give right now, unfortunately...perhaps someone else who's beaten it differently can post a different method.
Unkillable Cat wrote:
On Level 19 my problem is that the roach that goes into the snake chamber in the corner won't stay long enough with the snake to kill it.
Could you post a new thread on that room so that other people looking for help on the same room can find it more easily, please?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-31-2005 at 06:58 PM
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
I did it a hole other way:
Click here to view the secret text

08-03-2005 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
It seems I'm not the only one who has (had) this room as the last...

I have been trying something like what I did on the same room but with spiders (can't remember which level it was on...) where I just leave a path (one square wide) from the orb, past each spider, and eventually back to the entrance / exit. However, in this case it doesn't seem to work.

With the goblins, when I leave a path one square wide, I run into problems when I reach a corner in the path:

GG
xT
xB

(T = trapdoor, x = fallen trapdoor)

I can't kill either goblin without the other killing me.

I have also tried leaving a path 2 squares wide. In this case, I get something like:

GG
TT
xB

Again, I can't kill either goblin without getting killed, and I can't seem to avoid a position like this - whether I wait, or advance down the path they remain in this pattern, and turning my sword to any angle either leaves them like this or gets myself killed again.

Furthermore, there are obviously too many goblins to not form some sort of path for them to follow (so as to not have to deal with them all at once).

08-14-2005 at 07:05 PM
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
Arg. Last secret room I need, and I have pretty much spent half of today on this. I have nmanaged to complete the room a few times, but forgot to leave myself a path back to the enterence. I guesss my problem is how do I initially drop the trapdoors? I guess Neil's hint is probably the best right now, but I am having a little trouble understanding excatly what to do...
08-28-2005 at 12:22 AM
patmo98
cheese obsessive wrote:
Arg. Last secret room I need, and I have pretty much spent half of today on this. I have nmanaged to complete the room a few times, but forgot to leave myself a path back to the enterence. I guesss my problem is how do I initially drop the trapdoors? I guess Neil's hint is probably the best right now, but I am having a little trouble understanding excatly what to do...
To compleate this room I needed to zig-zag across the room.

Below are my first 14 movees on the trap doors
1-9

10-14

08-28-2005 at 01:59 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
Hah. Honestly, I figured it out about an hour after I posted, but I didn't feel like saying I did on the forum. Thanks anyways, though.

The end was pretty awesome, I have to say. And now I am looking forward to the next SS hold.I am guessing it comes out some time in September or October?
08-28-2005 at 04:09 PM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (+2)  
12-02-2005 at 02:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Songsmith
Rank Points: 38
Thank you... I found it just before you posted, but removed my request without checking if anyone had replied!!

I missed it first time because I was fooled by the dead end on the other side. Now all I have to do is solve it :-)

Jan

[Last edited by Songsmith at 12-02-2005 02:29 PM]
12-02-2005 at 02:27 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Gah, what the freaking hell.

Last secret room until mastery. I have tried so very many combinations of trap door patterns. I /don't get it/.

help :(
04-06-2006 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Rank Points: 221

File: drodscreen.jpg (128.5 KB)
Downloaded 415 times.
License: Other
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (+3)  
Here is the position I got into before commencing smitement.

04-06-2006 at 10:08 PM
Jazzann
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
This is the only room that I need to complete to beat the game and I just can't do it!!! I read all the post and tried everything... Could anyone please give me a demo?

Thanks!!

Jazz
04-16-2009 at 10:14 PM
robin

File: KDD20 Twenty-Third Level 1S1E Victory.demo (5.2 KB)
Downloaded 175 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (+2)  
here you go!

[Last edited by robin at 04-17-2009 12:21 AM]
04-16-2009 at 11:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jazzann
Thank you! Unfortunatly, it seems like I have KDD, not KDD2.0...
So I can't see your demo. And I don't find any hint for this room in KDD.

I'll keep looking! (and trying!)

04-20-2009 at 06:38 PM
robin
This is a secret room and is not present in KDD, only in KDD2.0

So you should be able to watch it.

Do you have the latest patch installed?
This demo is recorded in 3.2.1.84 (playing KDD2.0 in TCB)

04-20-2009 at 07:24 PM
Jazzann
robin wrote:
This is a secret room and is not present in KDD, only in KDD2.0

So you should be able to watch it.

Do you have the latest patch installed?
This demo is recorded in 3.2.1.84 (playing KDD2.0 in TCB)

No... I'm playing on a mac. No patch added! By the way, I'm realy desperate now. Found out that I was missing another secret room to finish the game: The one on level 15, wich is more of the same stuff.

[Last edited by Jazzann at 04-20-2009 08:07 PM]
04-20-2009 at 08:04 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1226
You should install the patch, as located here. Then you can watch demos of other players, as most players have the patch installed. It's only a few MBs, so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem.
04-20-2009 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jazzann
I would download the patch, but there is none for the Mac OSX version of the game. Only for Windos and Linux...

I Solved it!!! (without patch or demo!)
Now to... To what? I don't know what I'm suppose to do when I have solve 100% of all the levels. But I know there is something somewhere. See you there!

[Last edited by Jazzann at 04-20-2009 10:39 PM]
04-20-2009 at 09:00 PM
slimm tom

Downloaded 80 times.
Then you would need to download the full game again through the download page. But you haven't got CaravelNet, and you can't do it without it.

If you email me at support@caravelgames.com , I can set you up with a free month of CaravelNet so you can download the newest official version of the game. (3.2.0.83) I would strongly recommend patching.

As Robin's demo is from the release candidate, and not the official version, I'm attaching a demo for above room for you to import after updating.
04-20-2009 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Jazzann, what game are you playing? Look in the upper right corner of the main menu screen of your game.

Are you playing the standalone version of KDD? Or are you playing KDD as imported into the JtRH game? If either of those are true, then you are using the 2.0 game engine. The latest Mac version of 2.0 is 2.0.15, and that cannot be patched to 3.x. You cannot watch Robin's demo.

Robin is playing KDD as imported into the TCB game. The latest Mac version of TCB is 3.2.0.83. If you were playing KDD in that version of TCB, then you would be able to import and watch Robin's demo.

Briefly, you would need to download the free demo version of TCB, import the KDD 2.0 hold into that (if you're playing the standalone KDD, you may need to contact support so you don't have to pay for the SmS version), export your progress from your 2.0 game, import your progress into TCB, and then watch Robin's demo.
04-20-2009 at 09:27 PM
slimm tom
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
(if you're playing the standalone KDD, you may need to contact support so you don't have to pay for the SmS version)
Won't be necessary. People who buy the standalone KDD and register it automatically get access to the SmS version.

Also, thanks for noticing the other possible situation here. I hadn't thought of it myself.

EDIT: Also, if he/she is playing KDD through JtRH or the original client, he/she wouldn't need to follow your steps. I got old demos lying around from back in the day when I played KDD in the original client, and I can dig this specific one up if needed.

[Last edited by slimm tom at 04-20-2009 09:38 PM]
04-20-2009 at 09:35 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516

Downloaded 111 times.
Maybe it's just easier to give him a JtRH/KDD2.0 compatible demo (attached)... ;)

(I knew keeping a copy of JtRH version 2.0.16 installed would come in handy now and then...)

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I was channeling Slimm Tom there...

np: Yello - Time Freeze (Motion Picture)

[Last edited by Briareos at 04-20-2009 09:50 PM]
04-20-2009 at 09:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jazzann
Thanks to you all! I finaly did it on my own! That feel soooooo good!

Yes, I'm playing the "stand alone" version of KDD 2.0.15.1
I also own (and played) JTRH.
It was so mch fun!

Thanks a lot to the great DROD designer!

Jazz
04-20-2009 at 10:43 PM
larryws
Rank Points: 11
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (0)  
The End is an interesting finish to KDD 2.0. However, I have a little problem with Room 2 North, 10 East in that it seems to me the only way to get the snake out of the bottom left box is to

I am obviously missing something. Can someone shed a little light on the solution?

Thanks

05-10-2009 at 09:46 PM
robin
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : The End : 2 North, 10 East (+1)  
larryws wrote:
The End is an interesting finish to KDD 2.0. However, I have a little problem with Room 2 North, 10 East in that it seems to me the only way to get the snake out of the bottom left box is to

I am obviously missing something. Can someone shed a little light on the solution?

Thanks

Try this topic, maybe it helps you through.

if not, post there and we'll reply there.

05-10-2009 at 10:08 PM
Trafalgar
Rank Points: 31
https://youtu.be/QpdvH7hdbA4

I just beat that room an hour ago!

04-06-2021 at 02:40 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Twenty-Third Level : 1 South, 1 East (I need some help in this room.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com