Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (Smitemaster's Selection)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.3/10 (89 votes)
σ 1.30
Author Name:Erik Hermansen
Submitted By:ErikH2000
Hold Name:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0
Theme:Smitemaster's Selection
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:26
Number of Rooms:408
Number of Monsters:5095
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:5 (+5 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0  
Smitemaster's Selection, Summer 2005

Beethro Budkin, fifth-generation dungeon exterminator, accepts a job from King Dugan III to exterminate the pests that have infested his twenty-five level dungeon. He won't get to marry the king's daughter as part of the deal, but it should pay well enough. Following this, Beethro dreams of opening up his own restaurant. "I think I'll call it Beethro's Roasted Roach Grill!"

[Last edited by ErikH2000 at 10-05-2005 02:46 AM]
07-25-2005 at 04:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (0)  
yay!
07-25-2005 at 04:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Yay! I just woke up 2 minutes ago. Finally it's here. :)
07-25-2005 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Nearly finished!

Click here to view the secret text

07-25-2005 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lanark
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
ok, may be I'm too asleep, but where is the download?

07-25-2005 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (+1)  
Fire up DROD, and Change Location. You should see KDD 2.0 somewhere on the list, if you are connected to CaravelNet; if you aren't, it won't work.

In other words, there is no download provided on the site; you must be a CaravelNet suscriber in order to play the hold.
07-25-2005 at 01:58 PM
lanark
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
duhhh
thank you!
downloading now...

07-25-2005 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
They should have it on the site for people with problems with connecting to caravelnet.

07-25-2005 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
But if they put it as a physical file, then it's open to pirating. I think it's perfectly fine as it is, and if you do have problems with CaravelNet, it's best to get them fixed ASAP in any case.

07-25-2005 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Mastered the hold. Whoa, that was hard work.

:thumbsup
07-25-2005 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Doom wrote:
Mastered the hold. Whoa, that was hard work.
:surprise
Already? Man! You're a machine! Congrats!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-25-2005 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1132
I have a CaravelNet key, but for some reason the "Download" button in the "Change Location" menu is disabled for me. Why would this be?

-Noah

My stuff:

07-25-2005 at 09:27 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
NoahT wrote:
I have a CaravelNet key, but for some reason the "Download" button in the "Change Location" menu is disabled for me. Why would this be?

-Noah
Do you have 2.0.8? If not, that is the reason. Upgrade to 2.0.8 and it will work again.

07-25-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rabscuttle

File: KDD20 Twenty-Fifth Level 1N2W Gullible Neather.demo (4.4 KB)
Downloaded 94 times.
License: Other
There's a bug in L25: 1N2W

The silly old Neather springs the trap even if I walk the wrong way off the door.
07-25-2005 at 11:07 PM
bovis
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
Let me just say two things, Where is this 2.0.8 patch located. And the other thing is, I use the Caravelnet key my brother was given but it never seems to connect, it is impossible for me to download this, and I'm nver going to win KDD if I don't get it. :angry
07-29-2005 at 06:16 AM
gamer_extreme_101
2.0.8 can be downloaded on this page.

As for the key, I would suggest just requesting a new one after installing 2.0.8, and try it again.

07-29-2005 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Wow! Wow! Wow! The ending for KDD 2 is a million times better than jtrh & kdd 1. It is awesome! I don't want to spoil it but it is great! Whoever thinks there is no difference beetween KDD1 and KDD2 and doesn't want to get it is wrong.

[Last edited by rowrow at 08-01-2005 04:36 AM]
08-01-2005 at 01:47 AM
rowrow
I am probably making an issue out of a tissue but
<SPOILER HERE...>

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-01-2005 05:32 AM]
08-01-2005 at 04:34 AM
Doom
Ending spoilers:

[Last edited by Doom at 08-01-2005 05:10 AM]
08-01-2005 at 05:00 AM
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
I liked the ending in AE more, because

08-01-2005 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Doom wrote: Seriously, that isn't so big deal... -_-
rowrow wrote: I am probably making an issue out of a tissue

08-01-2005 at 05:54 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Whew, mastered. Just under 12 hours. I wonder how long it took Doom..

I agree, the ending isn't *quite* as good as the original, but I don't think that any ending will ever be as good as the original KDD ending. Uh, the caravel version, that is ;)

As for secret rooms, they were cool. I especially loved the 'gauntlet' room. Very cool.

08-02-2005 at 12:20 AM
rowrow
That room was possibly the best I ever played. It was so much fun an probably enabled you to kill the most monsters at a time in that hold. Obviously you can kill alot more with bombs.
It gave me a really good feeling sitting in beetween the mimics and you are protected from all sides.

[Last edited by rowrow at 08-02-2005 01:40 AM]
08-02-2005 at 01:38 AM
Oneiromancer
rowrow wrote:
It gave me a really good feeling sitting in beetween the mimics and you are protected from all sides.
Ah, I probably killed myself with mimics while testing it more than from roaches. Especially when I entered with my sword in an "opposite" direction, sometimes if I didn't stop and think about the rotation direction I'd kill myself and have to undo.

Actually, that's an interesting question...is there an initial sword orientation that is "better" than any other? Looking through the top 8 demos, the top 4 have orientations NW, SWx2, E (me), and then Wx4, which is most likely because they kept their swords the direction of movement when entering the room (NW because of the direction of hitting the secret wall, perhaps). I'm the odd one out because I remember having better luck during testing if my sword was in an odd orientation...but obviously it isn't required. But still...is it just happenstance that the top 4 scores have sword orientations that aren't W? Something to occupy you, rowrow, since you like the room so much...see how much different the initial sword orientation makes. :D Maybe there are some orientations that are impossible...or so hard that they're worthy of challenges?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-02-2005 at 01:55 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Mastered!!!

It's nice to have the voices, it's more fun (and less to read)
and I only missed 2 secret rooms (in JtRH I missed 5)

This is nothing to worry about, but I had to write it:

and now up to "The Choice"!!!

[Last edited by robin at 08-03-2005 09:53 PM]
08-03-2005 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer

Game on,

08-03-2005 at 08:10 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
That makes since, thanks.

08-03-2005 at 09:56 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Well, I conquered the hold last night (Found all the secrets, but have yet to complete 32% of them), so I'm going to give my initial comments about the hold here. Note that I'm not going to rate the hold until I'm completly finished it.

08-03-2005 at 11:24 PM
Doom
TripleM wrote:
Whew, mastered. Just under 12 hours. I wonder how long it took Doom.
Well, there's about 15 hours and 30 minutes between the moment I downloaded the hold and the moment I mastered it. Of course, that's not only Drodding. That would be too insane ;)
08-04-2005 at 02:24 PM
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Great to hear all the good news about KDD2, but where can I download it, there does not seem to be a hyperlink in this thread or on the HOLDS page?

Keep on smiting!!

08-04-2005 at 08:07 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (Smitemaster's Selection)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com