Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Peg Solitaire in DROD (Yet another crazy one-room project from Watcher)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
IP: Logged

File: Solitaire.hold (114.4 KB)
Downloaded 91 times.
License: Other
icon Peg Solitaire in DROD (+7)  
Inspired by Maurog's challenge of programming the rules of chess into DROD, I started thinking about doing just that, but I soon decided that it would be far too complicated. So I did something simpler. The attached hold contains an implementation of Peg Solitaire, made from thirty-three carefully coordinated characters.

Currently, you can choose from five different puzzles, and you'll be given access to different stairs depending on which one you complete. All five stairs end the hold, though, so it doesn't matter right now.

If anyone finds a bug, please tell me. Note that the characters don't actually move around, they merely appear and disappear, so if anyone finds a bug in this, the most important information is the current position of the bugged character. Also important is the exact order of the last few buttons you've stepped on previously.

Also, I would like to claim a prize for making the biggest (in terms of file size) one-room hold. Heck, I've seen holds with multiple levels that took up less than half the space this one does.

04-19-2005 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 864
IP: Logged
icon Re: Peg Solitaire in DROD (0)  
Very nice. Turning the babies around to show activation was an especially neat idea. I don't like requiring this sort of puzzle to finish with the last peg in the center, but it certainly makes the guards' jobs easier.
04-19-2005 at 04:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Peg Solitaire in DROD (Yet another crazy one-room project from Watcher)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com