Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Prize Pile. (If you win, you get to pick!)
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (0)  
Okay, I'll e-mail Erik and mention that zwetschenwasser would like to claim WA as an 8-timer prize.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-17-2009 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1067
Since everyone else seems to be doing it here;

I'd like to claim DROD: The City Beneath download as my 8-timer prize, please.

[Last edited by hyperme at 04-04-2009 08:16 PM]
04-04-2009 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
hyperme wrote:
Since everyone else seems to be doing it here;

I'd like to claim DROD: The City Beneath download as my 8-timer prize, please.
Congrats -- sure thing! I've registered TCB to your user account and given you a trial month of CaravelNet. Now, just go to the Downloads page to download the game.

04-05-2009 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+1)  
So apparently I have a prize pile pick because you've run out of people who didn't ask for a prize.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to sort of put a copy of DROD: TCB on /hold/, as it were, until I find someone to fling it at, because I like flinging games at people I know, and you people still don't have it on Steam so I can't aggressively buy it for people yet.
05-18-2011 at 06:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Now that's the awesomeness that is Banjooie that I'm talking about! Sounds good.

05-19-2011 at 04:50 PM
mrimer
I just noticed it hasn't been written here, so I'm announcing that contest winners can claim a copy of the

DROD: The City Beneath CD Deluxe Boxed Edition.

Just let me know and I'll ship it to you.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-25-2012 06:03 PM]
06-13-2011 at 03:20 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+3)  
This prize has been claimed by Penwielder. Congratulations!
I'm offering some free games on the fantastic retro gaming site GOG.com to any contest winner. You have the choice between:
(1) a $9.99 game
(2) two $5.99 games
This isn't exactly evenly spread out, but as they only have two price levels, I had to go with this solution.

www.GOG.com has a catalogue of about 200 games, including all the old classics like Baldur's Gate and such. They are all fully compatible with Windows, DRM-free, and always available for free redownload. You also get a lot of bonus goodies with each game, for example soundtracks and art.

If you want the prize, just send me a PM with the title(s) you want, and I'll gift it/them to you!

[Last edited by slimm tom at 03-19-2012 11:22 PM]
06-15-2011 at 08:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+2)  
Hrm, it seems that I've still got a gift copy of Portal floating around on my steam account from buying Portal 2.

I'm happy to give it out as a prize/8 timer prize
06-22-2011 at 07:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Penwielder
Rank Points: 628
I've claimed slimm tom's prize on GOG. I picked a couple of the Rayman games, which I've never played before on any platform. I'm looking forward even more now to whenever I next have a big chunk of free time.

Thanks, slimm tom!

03-19-2012 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
I hope you have a lot of fun with those, Penwielder! I've edited my message stating the prize has been claimed.
03-19-2012 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
SO i guess i need to do something that implies i am a part of this community or something, and do things besides, I don't know, make fun of...uh. Is Rat Man still around? Who do we make fun of now I lost track

ANYWAY OKAY the point is

I have all these games sitting in my steam inventory, specifically, I guess:

Audiosurf whoops chaco got it
Cogs
Limbo
Total War Shogun 2 (actually I have like two copies of this? One copy includes a lot of DLC)
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dead Island
some game i think about yelling a lot and putting buckets on people's heads?

ANYWAY I am tired of staring at these things so win some contests, and make sure I'm alerted and you have a steam account, and I'll put them up in your hizz...hizzy. or something.

god I don't know I don't know things

[Last edited by Banjooie at 03-10-2013 06:39 AM]
03-21-2012 at 06:09 AM
mrimer
Thanks, Banjooie!

Don't worry -- I'd say it's just growing pains. I think you're just becoming our friendly, neighborhood troll that we all know and love.

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, I think that title got handed out sometime during the formation of the Bureaucracy. It's a good thing it's dead, though, so you can claim the title without trepidation.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-21-2012 06:32 AM]
03-21-2012 at 06:30 AM
slimm tom
Now that DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder is released, we're offering it on the prize pile!

This prize is for one (1) CD of DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder containing Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux versions of the game, to be shipped when the CD version becomes available. You'll also get a downloadable copy, so you can start playing right away. If you claim this prize, make sure the address listed in your profile is correct!

This prize does not expire when claimed.

[Last edited by slimm tom at 04-02-2012 12:08 AM]
04-01-2012 at 11:55 PM
slimm tom
This is an 8-timer prize.

This prize is for one (1) downloadable copy of DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder, available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

This prize does not expire when claimed.
04-01-2012 at 11:59 PM
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+5)  
I'd like to add to the prize pile.

PearlsPrize: You get to pick TWO of the following:

1) I will LP (Let's Play) your entry to a comparable standard as my previous series, or weep trying in a timely fashion

2) I will purchase, for you, one (1) game on STEAM <= $15

3) I will write you an original composition, record me playing* it (piano solo) and give it to you to TREASURE** FOREVER in mp3 format or something. Will also include a personalized haiku.

I realize the majority of these options are services and this is very much frowned upon by everyone ever but these are just flavorful things in addition to an (optional) item more monetarily clear.

*I don't might sing
**Treasuring not guaranteed.

EDIT: I'm putting a 2 month "cooldown" on this prize. That is, if someone has claimed it, one has to wait until it can be claimed again. This is more for the song part and less for the steam part, but I'm going to just apply this logic to everything. :) Furthermore, 8-timers can claim this prize, but only one of the three. 8-time claiming also triggers the aforementioned cooldown.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Pearls at 04-27-2015 06:57 PM]
04-04-2012 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I also would like to add Skell Prize:

I will gift these games from GoG.com (each game can be only selected once, and are subject to GoG's availability):
- Legend of Grimrock
- Ultima 7, Ultima Underworld 1 + 2, Ultima 4+5+6, Ultima 1+2+3 or Ultima 4 (only one of these, and choosing any crosses out all other)
- Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga, Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, Icewind Dale Complete, Icewind Dale 2 Complete or The Temple of Elemental Evil (like above)

04-05-2012 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
This is where I claim my prize? Seems like we ought to be using the discussion thread for that...

Anyway, I'd like to claim Pearls Prize, if he's still up for it. I don't think that a letsplay of my one-room entry would be terribly exciting, so I'd like that musical composition and a copy of Trine 2, please.

05-11-2012 at 04:15 AM
Pearls
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+16)  
Jatopian wrote:
This is where I claim my prize? Seems like we ought to be using the discussion thread for that...

Anyway, I'd like to claim Pearls Prize, if he's still up for it. I don't think that a letsplay of my one-room entry would be terribly exciting, so I'd like that musical composition and a copy of Trine 2, please.

Of course I'm still up for it! Shoot me some contact info to the email you already have (your steam account, namely) and give me ~ a week to fulfill the music bit.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Pearls Prize can be claimed again, if that's allowed, by future contest winners.

EDITOR'S SECOND NOTE: Now that THE GOODS have been delivered, feel free to heckle Jatopian for the song.

[Last edited by Pearls at 05-12-2012 05:00 PM]
05-11-2012 at 01:49 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842

File: Bereft.mp3 (7.6 MB)
Downloaded 106 times.
License: Other
icon Re: The Prize Pile. (+11)  
Here's what Pearls recorded for that portion of my prize. I rather like it. Reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

Anyway, I'm posting it here so everyone can listen to it, and so that if you're a first-place prizewinner and the Pearls Prize appeals to you, perhaps this sample can help you decide. This is all Pearls - he asked me what kind of music I like and I'm sorry to say I was staggeringly unhelpful, but he came through anyway.

05-12-2012 at 11:34 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
Me gusta.

I've been playing piano for some time, before ultimately giving up due to lack of physical space after moving, lack of time and lack of passion. I sincerely envy you sir.

05-13-2012 at 07:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
I was informed I can choose an 8 timer prize.
I'd really like a download copy of Gunthro and the Epic Blunder if that's still possible.

Oh, and I'm am totally blown away by Pearls and his piano playing.

[Last edited by Mouse at 05-16-2012 08:33 PM]
05-16-2012 at 08:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Mouse wrote:
I was informed I can choose an 8 timer prize.
I'd really like a download copy of Gunthro and the Epic Blunder if that's still possible.
Sure it's possible! Done -- just click on the Downloads link at the top, and you will see a CaravelNet Downloads section with links to download the game.

05-16-2012 at 11:25 PM
Lexxors
Rank Points: 165
I would guess this is where I claim my prize!

I'd love the Pearls Prize, pretty please. Since I didn't submit a hold, I'd like the personal song and haiku option with one copy of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Thank you kindly!
07-04-2012 at 05:24 AM
Pearls
Alright. There will be a time delay on this bad boy. You've caught me at an interesting juncture of vacation, and reignited love interest.

Prepare for the sappiest love piano ballad ever. If you don't throw up, you have too much of a heart.

[Last edited by Pearls at 07-06-2012 04:56 PM]
07-06-2012 at 04:42 PM
Lexxors
Pearls wrote:
Prepare for the sappiest love piano ballad ever. If you don't throw up, you have too much of a heart.

Am I allowed to be too excited by the idea of getting a sappy, love-soaked song?

It will be great. I'll play it loudly whenever I leave the house and prance to all my destinations. No one will be safe from the sappy love-prance.

But really, take all the time you need. It'll be lovely!
07-07-2012 at 10:27 PM
Lexxors
Here's the beautiful song Pearls made for me! I figured you all would love to have a listen.

EDIT: Have to link it because it's a massive song. Click here.

[Last edited by Lexxors at 07-21-2012 04:33 AM]
07-21-2012 at 04:11 AM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
Claimed

Progress - Gavin G

[Last edited by martz at 02-24-2014 04:14 PM]
08-17-2012 at 03:57 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794

File: 20121102_200509.jpg (3.4 MB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
Asus E35 M1-M Pro motherboard. The image I uploaded is too large to go inline. Just click the link to the left if you want to see it.

This is one of the all-in-one motherboards that includes CPU. It's got HDMI output and USB3 ports. Well, you can Google the specs. I would say it beats ass on your typical netbook, but is not up there with gaming rigs. You can make a good mid-range workstation out of it or a multimedia server. To get from this to a full working system, you'll need a case, power supply, some RAM, and a hard drive. (Unless you want to boot off a USB stick) The thing is nearly brand new. I ordered it incorrectly thinking it was Mini-ITX form factor, so I can't use it.

I will ship it to you.

Available to 8-timers and 1st-prizers.

[Last edited by ErikH2000 at 11-03-2012 03:19 AM]
11-03-2012 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Deadly Music of Death Volume 1 CD (+3)  

Like this, but with a shiny thing inside!
So I came across this the other day going through my CD collection -- I ended up with two copies a few years back and they both went in the pile together. Apparently it's out of print now, which means it's prize-worthy!

This is exactly the same Deadly Music of Death Volume 1 that you can buy digitally here, but on a shiny plastic thing. Volume 2 not included. Call it a collector's item, unless Mike decides to burn or press some more.
12-11-2012 at 12:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer

File: CD photo 2.jpg (161.4 KB)
Downloaded 551 times.
License: Public Domain
I've added the limited edition "DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder" CD to the Prize Pile. While I have any left in inventory, you can claim one as a prize!

03-02-2013 at 10:39 PM
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Prize Pile. (If you win, you get to pick!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com