Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Egg's Tower (My new hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
IP: Logged

File: Eggs Tower.hold (16 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Other
icon Egg's Tower (+3)  
Please can all you guys test the first bit of my new hold?

It aint too tricky, so you should be able to do the three first floors no problems. Unless you find some. Please tell me if you do. I will update when i make new floors.

[Edited by egg egg at Local Time:01-27-2005 at 04:18 PM]
01-23-2005 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hyze
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
icon Re: Egg's Tower (-1)  
On the first floor the room with the eyes on either side is impossible and the living tar part is a bit to hard but everthing before that is fine
01-23-2005 at 04:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Egg's Tower (0)  
Floor 1 : 2N2E? The room with eyes.

I can guarantee it's possible but extremely repeating. You could shorten it a little.

Hint
Click here to view the secret text

01-23-2005 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg

Downloaded 39 times.
icon Re: Egg's Tower (+1)  
There are now four finihed floors, with new treasure rooms.
Find them if you can!

[Edited by egg egg at Local Time:01-27-2005 at 04:19 PM]
01-24-2005 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
level 1 - you can't return from 1n1w or 1n1e
Sorry, that should be level 2 - medium.
Strange, but level 3 - Very Hard shows on the restore screen, but a click on it shows it to be level 1

Sheesh! Not only am I posting in the wrong thread, I am also posting in the wrong forum. The above applies to Egg's Dungeon in Holds.

[Edited by bandit1200 at Local Time:01-25-2005 at 05:45 PM]

[Edited by bandit1200 at Local Time:01-25-2005 at 05:55 PM]

[Edited by bandit1200 at Local Time:01-25-2005 at 06:02 PM]
01-25-2005 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
egg egg
I know there were a lot of problems with my first hold, Egg's dungeon. But they were because I didnt know about the forums or anything.
IM SORRY

Im making extra sure that my new hold is possible and as good as it can get.
01-26-2005 at 03:24 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Egg's Tower (+2)  
Hey, calm down. People are trying to help you iron out bugs - they aren't saying, "Man, you sux0r". No one is accusing you of anything. In fact, the very reason the architecture forum exists is to have this sort of "here's my idea" "well, it could use some help here, here, and here" exchange.

01-26-2005 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg

Downloaded 54 times.
icon Re: Egg's Tower (+2)  
OK then. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, or other usefull advice to help me improve my hold?

This is floor 5 now finished.

Also, how often can you give out rank poins?

[Edited by egg egg at Local Time:01-27-2005 at 04:17 PM]
01-27-2005 at 03:29 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Read the FAQ for details on the rank points system. Basically you give or remove rank points by clicking the "good" or "bad" links on the post. You need mod points to do this, and the only way to get more mod points is to be modded up yourself. This thread has more complete details if you're interested.

"Oook!"
01-27-2005 at 07:12 PM
egg egg

File: Eggs Tower.hold (24.3 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
Here it is! My finished hold!

I have made some big changes to the level structure but i hope you all enjoy it!

If anyone has any tips, requests, or bugs that you want me to change, just post
01-29-2005 at 03:51 PM
silver
On "Floor 4", once north once east appears to be impossible - there's a long section of hallway with "2 wide" tar you can't pass, and the mother spawns an impassable bump on her east side first spawn... I didn't find any potions I could reach in 30 moves or any breakable walls (and I'm pretty sure I checked everywhere there could be such a wall)... ?

01-29-2005 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg

File: Eggs Tower.hold (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 52 times.
Here I hope this makes it possible for you.

Post again if you find any other problems.
01-29-2005 at 09:06 PM
egg egg
I will submitt my hold in 1 week from today.
I hope you were all able to finish it as it wasnt meant to be too hard.

Thank you all for testing my hold!

I hope it is all possible. Egg Egg
01-30-2005 at 08:28 PM
silver
Try playing through Floor 4 1N1W yourself, by the by. Always try to play through a level yourself after you modify it :)

Also, if you find the treasure room on Floor 2, you can't get back out...perhaps if it had a oneway passage through a room to the north of it going around the tar room, you could preserve the "find the entrance" puzzle, but also have a way back to the main level...

01-31-2005 at 12:12 AM
egg egg
Has anyone finished the hold yet?

I just need one person to post to prove that it is possible to complete, then i can release it!
02-01-2005 at 01:05 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
egg egg wrote:
Has anyone finished the hold yet?

I just need one person to post to prove that it is possible to complete, then i can release it!
What do you think? Have you finished it?

The answer to your question: No, I can prove this hold is not possible to complete (yet).

Actually, it is possible to complete*, but I wouldn't release it in this state. You will need to change some things first.

*) If you mean possible by hitting all the correct buttons on the ground floor on pure luck to finish the hold, yes, it's possible to complete it.

As silver already pointed out, you might want to need to fix (at least) 2 rooms:

1) The room east of the treasure room on floor 2 (for example by removing the border of the tar).
2) The room 1N1E on floor 4 (for example by removing all tars ;) or at least make that room finishable.)

And I'm very sorry to sound harsh, but please don't bother us again until you've fixed those rooms first and put your new hold in this thread.

-- Tim

PS. Or, did you really intend us to save and restore this hold very often, and your intention that those rooms were meant to be a joke? And you don't really read the previous posts made here by the rest of us?

02-01-2005 at 04:56 PM
egg egg

File: Eggs Tower.hold (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
I am sorry I forgot to put the updates on the forum, but here they are.

I also meant is it possible because of the difficulty, because i know all the secrets.
Yes i have finished it also.
02-01-2005 at 05:58 PM
Tim
egg egg wrote:
I am sorry I forgot to put the updates on the forum, but here they are.

I also meant is it possible because of the difficulty, because i know all the secrets.
Yes i have finished it also.
The difficulty? Well, I would rate it 4 brains (5 brains = King Dugan's Dungeon). It's certainly a bit difficult, but for people who finished the standard hold (that covers most of the people here) it is easy. But it's very okay by me (as I'm not that good).

There's only one bug in this version (don't ask, but I've play most of the rooms again...)

This one is really not finishable! There's this last level exit bug (and it's not your fault this time, it's DROD). It's easily solvable. Delete the exit in the final room, and create it again. Then test it by starting a new normal game, and go to the final exit immediately (not that difficult). And see if it shows you the "Hold Completed" message. If so, export the hold, and put it up here again ;)

By the way, I've learned a lot about killing goblins while playing this hold. So yeah, it's cool :)

[ Edit: The room 1S (not sure if it's 1S, but I mean the shortcut exit) in the penthouse. Are you sure you want a blue door there? ]

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:02-02-2005 at 12:02 AM]

02-01-2005 at 11:58 PM
silver
I just played through start to finish. Took about 40 minutes, but I had previously done all the rooms except two. I liked a few of the rooms (especially the snake/forcearrows/goblin one - was different than the usual drop-the-goblin-on-the-snake bit). Minus the exit bug (which, as Tim points out, is a bug in DROD), it's all good now. Though on floor 3, your scroll that says "4 diamond" should say "4 diamonds," I believe :)

[Edited by silver at Local Time:02-02-2005 at 04:34 AM]

02-02-2005 at 12:17 AM
egg egg

File: Eggs Treasure Tower.hold (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
Thank you very much you guys! and to anyone else who tested it!

I have finally got it all sorted out and have submitted it.

[Edited by egg egg at Local Time:02-02-2005 at 07:03 PM]
02-02-2005 at 03:26 PM
Tim
You could help us out a lot more if you actually sorted out the mess you made in the holds section...

(see your first hold(s))

-- Tim

02-02-2005 at 04:03 PM
egg egg
I am very sorry about the mess.
I am trying to sort it out asap, but it seems that no-one can do anything!
02-02-2005 at 07:05 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I could delete the extra Hold posts...but honestly I don't know if that will screw up the Hold database so I'm not going to mess with it. Schik will fix it eventually...I guess I would suggest making a new post, saying "Yes this is the final version I promise" so he can accurately track it, and then safely delete the others.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-02-2005 at 07:12 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Oneiromancer wrote:
I could delete the extra Hold posts...but honestly I don't know if that will screw up the Hold database so I'm not going to mess with it.
Yeah, if you delete a hold post, the hold will still be there in the list, but without a post to go to. When I removed a hold by hand once, it took edits in half a dozen tables. Maybe there is some easy way to do it, but it isn't an obvious easy way.

-Erik

02-02-2005 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
I've got something in the admin pages for deleting holds, but it's only in the testing forum used for the JtRH beta. Once we're done with that, it will be trivial for any admin to remove a hold and all associated data.

02-02-2005 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
egg egg
I have now submitted Egg's tower, but it has not appeared on the downloads page!
Can anyone sort this out?
02-03-2005 at 10:54 AM
Tim
This is not a bug. Just be patient ;)

Don't worry. It will become available later...

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:02-03-2005 at 04:38 PM]

02-03-2005 at 04:38 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
I believe it only goes there when someone rates it.

02-04-2005 at 12:58 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Egg's Tower (My new hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com