Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : new hold LINES (not very easy hold...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
urban
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
IP: Logged
icon new hold LINES (+2)  
This is an upgrade of a previous hold( the line)
Hope you enjoy it.
All feedback is welcome.
Feel free to make any changes you like, and post them!!!!

Urban

:)
01-07-2005 at 08:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: new hold LINES (-1)  
when you upgrade a hold, it may be a good idea to post it in the the same topic.as the older version for clarity and accessibility

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-09-2005 at 02:30 AM]

01-07-2005 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: new hold LINES (+2)  
urban wrote:
This is an upgrade of a previous hold( the line)
Hope you enjoy it.
All feedback is welcome.
Feel free to make any changes you like, and post them!!!!

Urban

:)
I'm just skimming through it at the moment, so these are some brief comments:

Click here to view the secret text

In general, it's a nice hold, with some interesting puzzles, although a little too overfilled with monsters in some rooms, and also brains were a little overused too in general. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth a play.

I'll post some feedback on the variant rooms in the lower "line" tomorrow, since some of those require a lot of thought, and I'm too tired right now.

01-08-2005 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: new hold LINES (0)  
rowrow wrote:
When you upgrade a hold, you post it in the same topic.
Not to act too much like a moderator myself, but isn't that a little too forceful? It sounds more like an abrupt command than anything else, which I'd guess would be considered quite rude by many.

That could have been reworded more pleasantly as, "when you upgrade a hold, it may be a good idea to post it in the same thread an an older version for clarity and accessibility."

Urban doesn't need to reuse an old thread if he (I assume) wants to start a new one for a radically new version. It may cause a little more clutter this way, but for the current circumstances, it's perfectly reasonable. Even I did this with early versions of Bavato's Dungeon, until I realised that having 5 threads for different versions of it probably wasn't exactly being considerate.

01-08-2005 at 12:36 AM
urban

File: rTLV2 lines 6W Victory.zip (22.5 KB)
Downloaded 87 times.
License: Other
Thank you for the reply on this hold!
I didnŽt use the same topic because i was working with a new copy of DROD, and it didnŽt allow me to upgrade the previous version.
The comments are extensive :rolleyes , iŽll wait for more comments and then make some changes.
All the rooms were tested, iŽll leave here demos for the first segment (spoiler).
In 2W iŽve placed all the roaches at the sime time to overcome the problem with the previous hold.

enjoy

Urban
01-08-2005 at 01:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
urban wrote:
In 2W iŽve placed all the roaches at the sime time to overcome the problem with the previous hold.

enjoy

Urban
Did you mean the roach queens?

That still won't solve the problem, as although you placed the monsters at the same time using the click and drag functionality, DROD still gives them each a seperate "creation ID", which determines which has its movement calculations done first.

Although this is something you can choose to ignore, it is highly likely to detract from the quality of the hold, due to the amount of frustration it's likely to cause.

01-08-2005 at 02:37 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
I like the style. Conquered first and second room yet. Difficult.
01-08-2005 at 05:52 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
agaricus5 wrote:
rowrow wrote:
When you upgrade a hold, you post it in the same topic.
Not to act too much like a moderator myself, but isn't that a little too forceful? It sounds more like an abrupt command than anything else, which I'd guess would be considered quite rude by many.That could have been reworded more pleasantly as, "when you upgrade a hold, it may be a good idea to post it in the same thread an an older version for clarity and accessibility."
In a hurry. Sorry and will reword.
Urban doesn't need to reuse an old thread if he (I assume) wants to start a new one for a radically new version. It may cause a little more clutter this way, but for the current circumstances, it's perfectly reasonable. Even I did this with early versions of Bavato's Dungeon, until I realised that having 5 threads for different versions of it probably wasn't exactly being considerate.
I thought it would clutter it, and I don't really remember anyone doing it before.

01-09-2005 at 02:27 AM
urban
icon Re: new hold LINES (+1)  
Take a look at the last version of the lines hold.
Hope you enjoy it.

Tahnks for the comments on the previous version.

urban
03-16-2005 at 01:03 AM
urban
Forgot to tell that all the rooms were tested.

03-16-2005 at 01:04 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
It's a really cool hold. Shame it's so linear, though I guess that's part of the theme.

03-19-2005 at 05:48 PM
urban

File: LINES V2.hold (16.2 KB)
Downloaded 101 times.
License: Other
icon Re: new hold LINES (+1)  
This is the last version of this hold.
If there is any bug in it or a room too difficult/boring please tell me.

IŽll soon send it to the hold section.

Thanks

urban
03-25-2005 at 05:25 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : new hold LINES (not very easy hold...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com