Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : A Test of Intelligence (Intro hold to DROD RPG for beginners with no DROD experience)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

2.0/10 (2 votes)
σ 0.00
Author Name:azb
Submitted By:azb
Hold Name:A Test of Intelligence
Theme:Intro hold to DROD RPG for beginners with no DROD experience
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:33
Number of Rooms:155
Number of Monsters:313
Version:DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale (1.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: A Test of Intelligence Warp Breaking Bugs Fixed.drh (41.9 KB)
Downloaded 16 times.
License: Other
icon A Test of Intelligence  
This hold is intended to be aimed at people who have no experience with any kind of DROD at all, RPG or otherwise, and explains the details of every single thing that comes with the RPG hold Tendry's Tale by default, from the simplest movement techniques to the most complex boss fights and decisions.
05-26-2024 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Test of Intelligence (0)  
Hi everyone,

I made this hold because the tutorial that came with DROD RPG by default, although shorter and already spells out the basics, doesn't explain every single element like this one does, and leaves it up to the player to figure out by deduction what the others do.

For example, hot tiles and aumtlich were never explained, and neither were any of the accesories, among many other assorted things like how bridges fell or how briar, mimics or bombs worked, so I taught all of those things in this one hold.

05-30-2024 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Holds : A Test of Intelligence (Intro hold to DROD RPG for beginners with no DROD experience) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com