Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Test of Intelligence (My stab a tutorial hold for the newest version of RPG)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Re: A Test of Intelligence (0)  
Okay, I changed my mind - there won't be tons of accesory swapping between many accesories, but there will be a choice between a VIP card and a lucky greckle, with the introduction of something that costs REP to use (the altar) and tons and tons of greckle gates.

Again, I want the hold to only be about 2 or 3 brains max at hardest to make it absolute beginner friendly, and not the next Break Out of Jail!, with tons and tons of complicated choices everywhere.

03-23-2024 at 10:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
Okay, now all the final levels are added and ready to play!

Note some rooms, like the wall walking level, introduce multiple concepts very quickly in one room, but because they are appropriate to where the level is in the hold in question, I feel that it's okay, but you guys can always feel free to let me know if you think it's presented too quickly or in an unprofessional manner :)

For example, the last level where I introduce Aumtlich, I also introduce you can use the Really Big Sword to block the beam in the same exact scroll, rather than having them demonstrated in seperate rooms, and make that information needed to progress.

03-23-2024 at 10:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4593

File: RPG feedback.txt (7.8 KB)
Downloaded 0 times.
License: Public Domain
Feedback attached. Overall I enjoyed the hold and I would say there is nothing that requires urgent fixing, but there are quite a lot of scroll text issues that will look bad if you don't correct them. I've mentioned gameplay issues as well; the most important one is that using the altar ~50 times is pretty tedious and it would be better to tweak the costs and rewards. The long chains of greckle gates are also pretty tedious.

I think the introduction of concepts was pretty well-paced, though I can't speak for how it would come across to a new player.

04-27-2024 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Architecture : A Test of Intelligence (My stab a tutorial hold for the newest version of RPG)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com