Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: Crash on Death
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Holy Zen!
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged

File: CrashInfo.3.3.0.1162.dmp (59 KB)
Downloaded 23 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Heroine's Quest: Crash on Death (0)  
Hello! Longtime fan of this style of game. I played a year or two ago and finished the game as a Fighter, and decided just recently to clear it as a sorceress.

The issue now, though, is that every time I die, the game crashes. It didn't use to do this before. I have the Steam version, so I validated it, then reinstalled it, and it's still crashing on death. I'm playing on the same computer, same hardware. The only thing new I could think of was that there was the patch released last month. Maybe there was something that broke?

Below is the error message it gives:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00469208 ; program pointer is +77, ACI version 3.3.0.1162, gtags (46,1)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK

11-08-2021 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Re: Heroine's Quest: Crash on Death (0)  
Searching through old documents, this appears to be caused by crossfading. It appears that switching to fullscreen mode or setting graphics driver to DDraw 5 has solved this problem for other players.

[Last edited by Radiant at 11-14-2021 08:35 AM]
11-14-2021 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest: Crash on Death
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com