Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Facile Ambulare (Scripted Quick Level)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (3 votes)
σ 2.05
Author Name:0x0485
Submitted By:Somniator
Hold Name:Facile Ambulare
Theme:Scripted Quick Level
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:13
Number of Monsters:140
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Facile Ambulare_final_of_final.hold (36 KB)
Downloaded 263 times.
License: Other
icon Facile Ambulare  
A small hold with simple scripted puzzles.
06-14-2021 at 09:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 595
icon Re: Facile Ambulare (+2)  
This is a short, relatively low-difficulty debut hold from Somniator. The rooms here are all based on traditional DROD themes and elements but with an added scripted twist (for example, the grappling hook). A lot of the rooms reminded me of the type of thing that is found in early official holds in terms of style and setup and I think this is an impressive feet for a novice architect. While nothing here will blow you away, each room is a nice example of the scripted element that it includes and it doesn't overstay it's welcome at any point (in fact, I would've been happy for it to have been longer). The main thing that stood out to me was how polished each room was - architecturally and aesthetically the level is consistent and clearly a lot of effort has gone into making the level very visually appealing. I think this is another reason why it feels it could fit in to an official hold.

Overall then, this is a fun little hold which might be a nice break from the more challenging offerings out there. I look forward to seeing more from Somniator!

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by navithmastero at 06-15-2021 02:09 PM]
06-14-2021 at 10:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1296
icon Re: Facile Ambulare (0)  
This hold is great - though I'm pretty sure I've spent as much time on 2N1W (the only soldier room) as the rest of the hold. Ignore that, it's solid.
06-15-2021 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Facile Ambulare (Scripted Quick Level) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com