Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : JAZZ JACKRABBIT TWO
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
IP: Logged

File: JAZZ2 - MD1.j2l (19 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon JAZZ JACKRABBIT TWO (+1)  
I did search for Jazz Jackrabbit and it turned 0 results.

I want to rectify this mistake, and I do it on easter, like with the proper JJ tradition (just like april fools is DROD tradition)

Jazz Jackrabbit is the king of platformers. Simple as.
The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay basically defined the way flash games took off (like double jump albeit helicopter ears didn't take off), but what made this game legendary was the soundtrack. This game has some of the best music you will ever grace your ears with.

Part 2 introduces Jazz's brother Spaz (who became the actual star of the game).

One thing that Jazz shares with DROD is community - both are still alive long after the game is not. And both for the same reason - fanmade levels! I swear, if you want your game to become immortal, add an option to create your own levels. That way it never dies.

This was literally my first game that I purchased (my second was Quake but that's another story and it's kinda NSFW)

My favorite songs were done by Straylight Productions (c) 1998 (I had to google his name), who surprise surprise also did music for Tyrian, Deus Ex and Unreal, which also were great songs, and Tyrian had jukebox where you could listen to them.

I share my first mission pack I did when I was like 13 years old. I hope that there aren't any cuss words there, I think there are not, but hey, I was 13 years old, you never know what hides there

I'm not sure what else to add, other than you should play it. It's simple, as a matter of fact, JJ2 is kinda buggier than JJ1, but it's still one of a time experience

[Last edited by Illusionist at 04-04-2021 07:00 AM]
04-04-2021 at 06:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : JAZZ JACKRABBIT TWO
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com