Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Moebiusss (Another shameless self-promotion)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Lucky Luc
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1215
IP: Logged
icon Moebiusss (+2)  
Hey! Been a while since I abused this board to self-promote, so here we go again. Having some free time on my hands lately, I've decided to join a random game jam and ended up creating this:

https://lukaswho.itch.io/moebiusss

So yeah. It's basically Snake on a Moebius Strip and that's it. Not very spectacular and definitely not puzzley, but maybe the math nerds around here enjoy the concept and playing it for a few minutes.
03-24-2021 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Moebiusss (+1)  
Lucky Luc wrote:
Hey! Been a while since I abused this board to self-promote, so here we go again. Having some free time on my hands lately, I've decided to join a random game jam and ended up creating this:

https://lukaswho.itch.io/moebiusss

So yeah. It's basically Snake on a Moebius Strip and that's it. Not very spectacular and definitely not puzzley, but maybe the math nerds around here enjoy the concept and playing it for a few minutes.
Pretty good for a gamejam output. (I feel like they should make gamejams longer so we get more ambitious games out of it, but I guess that goes against the concept.) The twist in the strip does affect gameplay a bit, so I wouldn't discount it as a mere gimmick. My top score is 9. Nicely done, sir.

-Erik

03-24-2021 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Had fun with it! I got to 20, but I kept not eating the thing for whatever reason. Game jam bugs, amirite?
03-24-2021 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
Thank you both for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed it :)

In defense of game jams, I'm pretty sure other people do more ambitious stuff with them than I did here. I was pretty surprised that I managed to get the gameplay working in about a day, so I spent a lot of time adding a base level of polish, which was also a neat exercise.

Someone Else, are you sure the food wasn't just on the wrong "side"? I admit that while the glow effect is active, it's kind of hard to tell the difference, which is a case of questionable game jam design decisions I guess. Otherwise, that sounds like a pretty nasty bug. I have an inkling what might be causing it, but I thought I fixed that and I never encountered it myself.

(Also man, I just realized how much of last week I spent getting good at this completely pointless game)
03-25-2021 at 11:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: Moebiusss (0)  
Oh dang, I never even realized that was a possibility. I feel kinda dumb now. :P
03-25-2021 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Moebiusss (0)  
Literally nothing wrong with self-promotion. Especially that I like you

Albeit disappointed that the game wasn't inspired by the RIP artist Moebius:no

[Last edited by Illusionist at 04-04-2021 06:45 AM]
04-04-2021 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Moebiusss (Another shameless self-promotion)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com