Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Script command to set or silence "victory sounds", etc. (for custom player role nonsense)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged
icon Script command to set or silence "victory sounds", etc. (+4)  
At the moment, anyone trying to make a "custom player role" is restricted to only the stock, ingame vocals for things like bumping into a wall or pit, commanding Halph (where applicable), dying, and declaring victory in the room. This limits the flavor an architect and/or scripter can really give to a custom player role.

At bare minimum, a command to make it so that the default barks don't play (like "turn off victory sound" or whatever) would enable an architect to use a simple global script to play their own victory sound for a custom player role. Better, of course, would be the ability to designate a set of between 0 and, say 5, imported sound files for each kind of bark via something like "set victory sound", "set pit teeter sound", "set halph command sound", "set death sound", etc. If 0 sounds are selected, then it plays nothing at all in that event, which I imagine could be useful in some situations.

Obviously there's nothing gameplay-essential here, but it'd be a nice addition. And, of course, sorry if someone has already requested something like this, but I've never seen it.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 03-18-2021 09:14 PM]
03-18-2021 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: Script command to set or silence "victory sounds", etc. (+2)  
Oh man. I can't tell you how much I wish this had been a thing while making my last hold. Having the critic constantly making Gunthro grunts was super awkward. Yes, an option to turn off sound effects for custom character rolls would be rad. Possibly also for Halph and Slayer? Sometimes they get used for narrative roles that don't fit their sound effects too.

03-18-2021 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Script command to set or silence "victory sounds", etc. (for custom player role nonsense)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com