Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Walls and secret walls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
frankrm78
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
IP: Logged
icon Walls and secret walls (+2)  
Hello everyone, sorry for posting here but I can't find any guide, probably I don't know where to search.
I'm trying to understand how to make secret wall path from a room to another one, the problem is that when I place the hard wall to cover the secret wall, this last one becomes visible. Is there any guide for it?
01-17-2021 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Walls and secret walls (+1)  
Secret walls always look like "soft" walls, with the internal filler image, when they aren't adjacent to floor. Since both secret wall and hard wall are a "floor tile", there isn't any thing like "covering a secret wall with a hard wall" since they're on the same layer.

This is helpful from a player perspective - if you see a solid block of hard wall you know there's no secret walls in there.

Hope that helps explain!

01-17-2021 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
frankrm78
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Oh okay then, so I think it's best not to place broken wall or secret wall parts with hard wall. Thank you
01-21-2021 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
Nowadays, it's generally considered bad form to hide a secret room only through use of secret walls. It's tedious to search for them, and many people find it frustrating. (You do you, of course)

Possible alternatives:
- An obvious exit, but the room makes it difficult or seemingly impossible to reach.
- Some secondary indication that there's likely a secret room in that direction (you can access the room but not solve it from another direction, say).
02-04-2021 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
Yeah I agree especially when you want to master the hold. I usually search for secret rooms using the guide & help as it allows you to search for any room without wasting time in-game looking for that one odd looking wall, especially that some times they are barely noticeable.

There are also other alternatives for expert architects:
- you either can get to secret room, or beat the level, but you can't do both at the same time (like in complex complex)
- you need to do something in one room in order to get to another room, so you can access the secret room
The possibilities are of course endless, but it's certainly more fun when you have to do something differently in order to get to the room, or something that requires multiple choices. Sometimes getting to the secret room can be a puzzle in itself
02-06-2021 at 06:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Walls and secret walls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com