Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Commands to deal with Challenges requiring Room Completion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3117
IP: Logged
icon Commands to deal with Challenges requiring Room Completion (0)  
Browsed through a few topics talking about challenges, and some of hurdles current scripting has with them in regards to getting a proper room completion. So I'm reposting this from the dev boards where I discussed a possible set of new scripting commands that we didn't really have time to implement.
TFMurphy wrote:
So I've been thinking we need a couple of new commands, something like "Challenge end on room exit" and "Challenge end on room conquer". The arguments would be the same as "Challenge completed", but instead of recording the demo immediately, they would wait until you leave the room. For 'room exit', only leaving the room is necessary. For 'room conquer', the same requirements for recording a victory demo is necessary.

Thinking about it, we may also need a "Cancel pending Challenge" command -- for example, if the challenge is to conquer a room without turning your sword, you'd start the room (if not clean) with "Challenge end on room conquer", and if the player ever turns their sword, you'd trigger a "Cancel pending Challenge" on it to prevent the challenge from being awarded on room conquer.
11-25-2020 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Commands to deal with Challenges requiring Room Completion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com