Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD in Open Source Objects (Behold, the world's least asked fo crossover of all time/the world's weirdest caper)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
IP: Logged
icon DROD in Open Source Objects (+4)  
The description is to be taken as literally as possible. As an explanation of sorts, Open Source Objects is a Web Animation series in the format of an Object Show (like Battle for Dream Island) but with a few key differences; it is non-profit, and anyone can work on it.

And wouldn't you know it, I happen to be under the category of anyone. So naturally when I got the opportunity to make a still frame for the First Short, and it was at an overhead view... you can assume where I was going with it.

Full disclosure, I had permission from Mike Rimer to do this! And while it appears only for a second, but I think it's a nice little tidbit and while it isn't exactly a PRESS clipping, it's certainly one of the weirdest, most remote DROD references in the internet... and that's pretty much exactly what I intended when I pulled this off.

The part with my shot/the DROD reference is at 5:57. I couldn't figure out how to fast-forward to that for the link (sorry!)

And, for posterity, this is the image I used. In spoils because it is quite large. (Getting a 16:9 aspect ratio in DROD was quite a thing! It actually spans 2 rooms in the hold I use for these sorts of things!)
Click here to view the secret text

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
04-17-2020 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: DROD in Open Source Objects (+2)  
Cool! Nice work on the DRODly dome.

I'm intrigued by the process, splitting all the work out to lots of volunteers.

I thought about projects along these lines, but in the simulations I ran in my head, I pictured various problems. I'm respectful of a group like this that pulls it off.

-Erik

06-10-2020 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kakakanga
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: DROD in Open Source Objects (0)  
It's an amazing job.:thumbsup
04-04-2022 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD in Open Source Objects (Behold, the world's least asked fo crossover of all time/the world's weirdest caper)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com