Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Putting DROD to Paper (Treating DROD like a pen puzzle)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Professor Tio
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
IP: Logged
icon Putting DROD to Paper (+1)  
You ever have a moment like this where you don't have your DROD PC or laptop around but you get an idea for a puzzle? That's what happened to me here. (Note - Currently I need to refresh the image but I can't get the paper right now, so have a more recent version)
Click here to view the secret text

Key for the paper (which I'll post the actual paper later on):
P - Player entry/exit.
TP - Temporal Projection entry/exit.
1N - Standard face-up card tile. This type will NOT react to the presence of a double (mimic, projection, etc.).
0D - Face-down doubles card. In-game these will be marked with 2 purple triangles and a purple back. Doubles and Beethro himself will all flip this card type over, but only Beethro can lighten them.

Working this out like this is gonna be a pain, to say the least...

[Last edited by Professor Tio at 03-24-2019 04:01 PM]
02-11-2019 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Putting DROD to Paper (0)  
The image is already dead :(

Discord attachments are not reliable because they disappear as soon as they're deleted. Something like imgur is much better. Or you can just upload the image as attachment since you only have 1 image anyway (and then use [attachment] or something to embed it into the message).
03-24-2019 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Professor Tio
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
icon Re: Putting DROD to Paper (0)  
uncopy2002 wrote:
The image is already dead :(

Discord attachments are not reliable because they disappear as soon as they're deleted. Something like imgur is much better. Or you can just upload the image as attachment since you only have 1 image anyway (and then use [attachment] or something to embed it into the message).

I've never extensively used Imgur before, actually - I don't even have an account on it yet. I'll probably look into it some time, though it does kinda seem like a bit more of a burden to set up than something like a simple channel on Discord just for Caravel attachments, no offense. Also I seem to have lost the image from everywhere For now, I'll replace the old image with an in-game representation of a more recent version of what the puzzle was like, since I was pressured for time earlier and thus didn't have time to find the paper before we needed to leave.

03-24-2019 at 03:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
icon Re: Putting DROD to Paper (+1)  
You don't need an account to upload things to imgur. You literally go to the upload page and drag your image onto the thing, and it uploads it.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

03-24-2019 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Putting DROD to Paper (Treating DROD like a pen puzzle)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com