Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Ghostsmiters: Prequel ("3D"-puzzles using scripted elements.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.7/10 (6 votes)
σ 1.70
Author Name:Bent
Submitted By:Bent
Hold Name:Ghostsmiters: Prequel
Theme:"3D"-puzzles using scripted elements.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:12
Number of Monsters:151
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Ghostsmiters Prequel v6.hold (58.8 KB)
Downloaded 315 times.
License: Other
icon Ghostsmiters: Prequel  
Prequel to Ghostsmiters, a hold about solving puzzles in "3D". It is recommended to play this hold first for a gentler start.

In this hold what the player does in one room will affect what happens in the next, and so the challenge lays not just in solving each individual room, but the level as a whole.

Because of this, backtracking issues are unavoidable: Be prepared to restore a lot. But I have tried to make this as painless as possible by adding a lot of checkpoints around room exits and by making all required rooms in a level visible from the start.
06-18-2018 at 10:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ghostsmiters: Prequel (+1)  
This hold was super fun! If you never played the original Ghostsmiters I would definitely encourage you to check this one out first. While still challenging enough to be interesting, it has a much smoother difficulty curve than the original and is very approachable. The focus here is more on manipulating the ghost element on its own rather than trying to keep track of the ghost while manipulating several other monsters, making for a really nice introduction to the element. And the element is super well presented to the player. There's no "guess the scripting" and all the mechanics are super clear. As in the original, the writing here is pretty hilarious and I enjoyed all the scripted dialog. One final note: each level is essentially a series of multi-pass rooms, so Ifound it super helpful to hit F5 at the start in order to record a multi-room demo.

06-21-2018 at 02:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Ghostsmiters: Prequel ("3D"-puzzles using scripted elements.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com