Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A better 'Neather (Another pointless retooling.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged

File: The new Neather.hold (48 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A better 'Neather (+1)  
I'm starting to think there's something a bit wrong with me, always trying to improve on what already exists instead of doing my own stuff. Oh, well. I threw this together, and now you get to have it.

This is the Twenty-Fifth level of KDD, using only the hard-coded 'Neather. However, through liberal use of the select tile feature in the "speech" command, I have given him all the speech cues I know about from the 2.0 version.

Edit: This version of the hold was meant to be put in a separate post, but I had a stupid fumble with the post submission process. The following is what that post would have said.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by averagemoe at 05-04-2018 01:03 AM]
03-31-2018 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
icon Re: The 'Neather speaks! (0)  
I should probably give some credit for the peices I put together to make the 'Neather's portrait.

The 'Neather himself was taken from the wiki, and I think they pulled that from the Webfoot Drod site.

The background is part of a preview screennshot for DROD 3D.

Edit: Added a slightly unreliable achievement for killing him early.

[Last edited by averagemoe at 04-20-2018 06:26 AM]
04-08-2018 at 12:29 AM
averagemoe
icon Re: A better 'Neather (0)  
That's right, I'm still not letting this go, but this time, it's not just for my own delusions of artistic-ness.

From what I understand, community consensus is that a player should never have to go to the restore screen to get themselves unstuck. So I made some additions. These scripted instances of the 'Neather will let you through the rooms that are impossible without him if they're already clean. There's also something that generates a spider in an unreachable part of 1S if he escapes to the north. You should be able to chase him through the loop an indefinite number of times.

04-12-2018 at 01:39 AM
Zaratustra00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
There's a second shot of him on the Architect's Edition ending:

https://youtu.be/GvNuLF2XGyw?t=349
04-12-2018 at 01:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
averagemoe
I know that, but if you try to make it into a portrait, part of the stab wound is in frame. It just didn't seem right to have that visible when he's still in good health.

04-12-2018 at 04:10 PM
averagemoe
icon Re: A better 'Neather (+1)  
I think I got the challenge working properly now, and even found a place to put a scroll for it.

Also helped the 'Neather with a problem where he would sometimes take a turn to notice that his speech cue is on.

04-28-2018 at 03:53 AM
averagemoe
New version, rebuilt the tracking system from almost the ground up. Through the magic of _MyScriptF, I can now semi-directly ask if an entity is the 'Neather, rather than going through a list of monsters to check if it isn't.

05-04-2018 at 01:08 AM
Dali
Rank Points: 174
Concerning the challenge, I could stab the neather in a room:

I also tried in AE, it also worked, I was surprised by that ;)
It seems it's the only room, right ?
05-10-2018 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Dali wrote:
Concerning the challenge, I could stab the neather in a room:

I also tried in AE, it also worked, I was surprised by that ;)
It seems it's the only room, right ?

As far as I know, you can also do it in the rooms both directly north and south of that. But just in case there was a method I didn't know about, I set the challenge up to not care where it happens as long as it isn't 1W.

And if you can figure out how, I also made it so that stabbing him with a mimic will trigger the challenge.

05-10-2018 at 06:00 PM
Dali
Rank Points: 174
I figured out how to do it on both rooms :) For the south one I struggled a bit, but then I saw the trick ;)

05-10-2018 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : A better 'Neather (Another pointless retooling.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com