Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deadly Rooms of Dance (Hot Tiles and Dancing)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.0/10 (4 votes)
σ 0.00
Author Name:Xindaris
Submitted By:Xindaris
Hold Name:Deadly Rooms of Dance
Theme:Hot Tiles and Dancing
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:10
Number of Monsters:73
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Deadly Rooms of Dance.hold (9.1 KB)
Downloaded 261 times.
License: Other
icon Deadly Rooms of Dance  
So you think you can dance?
09-21-2017 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: Deadly Rooms of Dance (+1)  
This is another fairly short hold by Xindaris. And while I didn't enjoy it as much as "new hold" or "The Spacetime Kerfluffle", it was still a reasonable fun play-through.

The premise here is that you are on hot tiles for the entire hold and can only change your orientation at specific points in the hold. This pretty much enforces rooms being played in a certain order with specific orientations. Unlike some previous holds that have done this, the difficulty here isn't too crazy, and only one or two rooms felt frustrating. There's usually plenty of good indication of where you need to go next too, so it never really felt like a maze. Another theme throughout the hold is a set of scripted mimics counting out the time signature of some unheard dance song (it is called Deadly Rooms of Dance after all.) But these were always very predictable and used to good effect.

It's a bit of an unusual concept for a hold, but it works pretty well for the most part and the hold is short so it feels pretty focused. I think the only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about this one was the tedious final room. Otherwise this was a fairly fun little romp, and definitely an interesting creative change of pace for Xindaris.

10-03-2017 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deadly Rooms of Dance (Hot Tiles and Dancing) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com