Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : I have a scripting question
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
IP: Logged
icon I have a scripting question (0)  
Scripting question regarding the detection of characters:

If... "Wait for entity type" <-returns true if the specified character is in the expected region and is visible.

However, it seems to return false if the character is there and not marked visible.

For what I'm doing, Beethro needs to be able to step on a character so it's not marked visible, and ghost display is on.
How can DRODscript detect the presence of the invisible character?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 06-19-2017 02:04 AM]
06-19-2017 at 02:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: I have a scripting question (+1)  
The standard way I'd handle this is by having the scripted character in question use "Wait for player to touch me" or if that won't work, use _MyScript vars set to _MyX and _MyY so that the "Wait for Entity Player at" condition checks the specific spot that invisible character is on.

Or...if you only have one of the character in question it could set a pair of global vars to its own location and have another character detect whether those match a certain range. It depends on what you're after specifically.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

06-19-2017 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
icon Re: I have a scripting question (+1)  
It's not possible to detect an invisible character, per se. "Wait for player to touch me" don't work either, IIRC (though it does for a ghost touch character - I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're asking). Can the character not check its own coordinates for Beethro? That's (probably) what I'd do, and then set a flag variable if other scripts need to be notified.
06-19-2017 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: I have a scripting question (0)  
Thanks, you've both been very helpful.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
06-19-2017 at 06:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : I have a scripting question
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com