Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : An unfairly difficult number puzzle
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon An unfairly difficult number puzzle (-1)  
I am thinking of a 9-digit number. It is a 9-digit number that has been calculated at least once somewhere in this very forum, on this very website. What is the number I'm thinking of?

That would be a really unfair puzzle. Don't worry, that's not it. But I am thinking of that 9-digit number. And it can be calculated. The calculations involved in finding the number are sufficient to get you down to eight options, which must then be brute-forced in some way. What I want to know is this:

What are the eight options?

I will give you one hint, and one hint only, to help you on your way: the most important number that is related to this puzzle, but is not the solution, is 7.

04-30-2017 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: An unfairly difficult number puzzle (0)  
It seems I may have stumbled upon a genuine stumper. Very well, here is another clue:

When I said "in this very forum," I wasn't talking about the Caravel Games forums; I was talking about the Forum Games forum.

05-05-2017 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Perhaps it's time for another hint?

The nine digit number I'm not actually looking for is in another thread in Forum Games that I've posted in recently. A puzzle thread.

05-10-2017 at 01:06 PM
wanderer1479
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
DiMono wrote:
Perhaps it's time for another hint?

The nine digit number I'm not actually looking for is in another thread in Forum Games that I've posted in recently. A puzzle thread.

There is not such post :o :lol
05-11-2017 at 10:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
There is this:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1851&page=87#416658
I'm still scouring that thread for ideas. Can't find anything on page 7 (my first thought) though maybe I'm not thinking "out of the box" enough.

05-11-2017 at 10:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
You're on the right track. Look a little deeper.

05-16-2017 at 05:11 PM
DiMono
Look exactly this deep.

05-23-2017 at 12:10 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : An unfairly difficult number puzzle
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com