Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Mini Mimicry (Mimics and tight spaces)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.4/10 (10 votes)
σ 1.50
Author Name:Bomber50
Submitted By:bomber50
Hold Name:Mini Mimicry
Theme:Mimics and tight spaces
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:24
Number of Monsters:163
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Mini Mimicry.hold (30.5 KB)
Downloaded 423 times.
License: Other
icon Mini Mimicry  
This one-level hold is all about mimics and small spaces. The rooms mostly involve either Beethro or a mimic having to solve a puzzle while having very limited space to move.

A big thanks to Insoluble and superluminal for their help in beta testing my hold!
07-27-2016 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Mini Mimicry (+1)  
Bomber50 has really established themselves as an architect with a knack for making super fun easy/medium difficulty level (5 brain-ish) rooms. It's a difficulty category that's sorely underrepresented so it's quite refreshing to see an architect who has such a knack for it.

Mini Mimicry absolutely nails it as a 5 brain hold. The rooms as nice and punchy. The compact room format means everything is to the point, and every single one of rooms here is a lot of fun. There really are no duds. The only downside to this hold is that I was left wishing there was more of it!

07-27-2016 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Mini Mimicry (+1)  
It's also worth mentioning that since most of these puzzles are about getting the most out of a mimic, with only a few tiles for Beethro to walk around in, most of the tricks in this hold are widely applicable to other holds.

So, if you're feeling stuck on some tough mimic puzzle in some other hold, maybe try playing this hold and see if solving puzzles here gives you some inspiration for what to do elsewhere.

[Last edited by Chaco at 07-27-2016 04:06 PM]
07-27-2016 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: Mini Mimicry (0)  
Just finished playing this. It really is a short and sweet hold, only took me 1 hour 40 minutes. And it was fun all the way through, in spite of how I usually feel about mimic puzzles. Most rooms depended on working out a good strategy, and when you did that, everything fell into place.

A couple of rooms were a bit fiddly, but overall, this is a very neat hold, highly recommended.

11-16-2016 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Mini Mimicry (Mimics and tight spaces) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com