Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Temporal Adventure (Time for an Adventure)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.9/10 (11 votes)
σ 0.67
Author Name:Hyperme
Submitted By:hyperme
Hold Name:Temporal Adventure
Theme:Time for an Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:12
Number of Rooms:128
Number of Monsters:850
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:13 (+13 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Temporal Adventure.hold (323.4 KB)
Downloaded 533 times.
License: Other
icon Temporal Adventure  
When Beethro goes to clear a remote research facility, he soon finds himself in a bit of a mess.

Featuring:

9 puzzle levels of various size
A handful of custom elements
A plot containing no sudden twists
Challenging Challenges
At least one roach

Thanks to testers:

Nuntar
bomber50
blorx1
Insoluble
Lucky Luc
07-26-2016 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Temporal Adventure (+1)  
Great hold! This one really hits a sweet spot in terms of difficulty. The rooms are almost always tricky enough to be interesting, but you almost never feel completely stonewalled. It's an easy hold to really get in the zone with.

There is a ton of variety too: lot's of classic linchpins, but some solid horde rooms, monster manipulation, and super cool scripted elements as well. I wouldn't be surprised of some of these scripted goodies are contenders for this years Deadlies. On top of all that there's a fun little story that runs throughout. There's really something for everyone here.

One last note, it came up in beta testing that the first level has some rooms that are among the harder ones in this hold, so don't be to discouraged if you find yourself getting stuck somewhat early on. The hold maintains a pretty constant mid range difficulty level throughout and you never really hit a huge spike.

EDIT: For those unaware, Forum Member extraordinaire Jeff_Ray... has started doing a "Let's Play" video series of this hold. You can get in on the action here: Temporal Adventure playlist

[Last edited by Insoluble at 09-26-2016 09:54 PM]
07-27-2016 at 03:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384

File: map_bug.png (549.6 KB)
Downloaded 620 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Temporal Adventure (0)  
A lot of fun so far. Noticed a bug:
Click here to view the secret text

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 07-30-2016 06:57 AM]
07-30-2016 at 06:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1062

File: Temporal Adventure.hold (323.3 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Temporal Adventure (0)  
So it turns out there's a backtracking issue in Imperial Tunnels: 3E. Oh dear indeed. Fix hold attached for HA process stuff. Also fixes map issue.

[Last edited by hyperme at 10-03-2016 09:26 PM]
10-03-2016 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
OneMoreNameless
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 131
icon Re: Temporal Adventure (+3)  
This hold heavily features temporal split tokens (as you might expect) but there's also plenty of alternate weapon usage, a handful of custom elements, a dedicated slayer level, and a reoccurring gentryii room the author apparently loved. The difficulty isn't all that high at first (... mostly) and some rooms left me feeling like I'd already solved a tougher version of the same thing in TSS. There are some really clever rooms towards the end of the hold though and between the challenges, secrets and tricky postmastery stuff there's still enough bite here for veterans.

The visual design and level layouts are generally nice. It has a few outbreaks of checkpoint plague, custom graphics that don't really blend in and a bad habit of layering tokens where they partially conceal other elements, but nothing gamebreaking. The story's an excuse plot, but I did chuckle at the occasional silly exchange.

Overall: There's enough unique content to recommend for any fans of TSS. Some parts are less exciting, but these are still varied and designed well enough to remain casually enjoyable.

P.S.

01-11-2017 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Temporal Adventure (Time for an Adventure) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com