Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
<<6789
Page 10 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
xpym
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD on steam (0)  
Fang wrote:
I'm just wondering because TSS shows up as a separate game altogether in my list of games, since I entered the code for Steam already.
I assume that's because there were separate successful Greenlight campaigns for both games. Now that I've checked, TSS isn't in the scheduled list for Gunthro DLCs and has its own separate page. We'll have to wait for Mike to explain how it will work.
11-15-2016 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Huh. Since TCB went live, my GatEB Steam has changed its windowed-not-windowed behavior. Where it used to open on the left side of my screen, it's now opening in the center.

Of course, I'd *prefer* being able to actually move the window myself, but one thing at a time, I suppose.

11-15-2016 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 230
Hikari wrote:
Huh. Since TCB went live, my GatEB Steam has changed its windowed-not-windowed behavior. Where it used to open on the left side of my screen, it's now opening in the center.

Of course, I'd *prefer* being able to actually move the window myself, but one thing at a time, I suppose.

My Steam version does not minimize when in full screen. This problem seems to be ignored completely, though :?

11-15-2016 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
The achievement Bottom To Top Cleaning doesn't unlock.

11-16-2016 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: DROD on steam (+1)  
Just gone through all the TCB Steam achievements. These challenges need fixing:

Not Without Honor in His Own Country (named "Not Without Honour in His Own Country" in Steam achievement)
Light Armor (named "Light Armour" in Steam achievement)

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 11-16-2016 05:48 PM]
11-16-2016 at 01:25 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
uncopy2002 wrote:

Not Without Honor in His Own Country (named "Not Without Honour in His Own Country" in Steam achievement)
Sorry, are you saying that the game is submitting the achievements as "Not Without Honor in His Own Country" and "Light Armor", so they aren't registering on Steam, or is it just a cosmetic issue?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-19-2016 02:38 PM]
11-19-2016 at 02:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
TSS has been released on Steam! :yay

TSS is a stand-alone title. The local data for GatEB(and DLC) and TSS is kept distinct from each another.

Originally, we wanted to have either (a) one shell for all the games, or (b) playing each of the games separately. Valve didn't support us in either approach after repeated requests, and we have the hybrid approach you see here. :?

11-19-2016 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
mrimer wrote:
uncopy2002 wrote:

Sorry, are you saying that the game is submitting the achievements as "Not Without Honor in His Own Country" and "Light Armor", so they aren't registering on Steam, or is it just a cosmetic issue?

They aren't registering on Steam.
11-19-2016 at 03:19 PM
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
Radiant wrote:
It unlocked for me on 8 Nov. Are you sure you entered from the south?

11-20-2016 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Maurog wrote:
Radiant wrote:
It unlocked for me on 8 Nov. Are you sure you entered from the south?

Hmm. There are two entrances from the south, i.e. the southwest (where the scroll is), and the south east (through a bunch of breakable walls). Perhaps the achievement requires the southwest entrance? If so, I suggest its text should be more specific.

11-21-2016 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
mrimer wrote: Originally, we wanted to have either (a) one shell for all the games, or (b) playing each of the games separately. Valve didn't support us in either approach after repeated requests, and we have the hybrid approach you see here. :?
Huh. What's stopping you from simply adding a TSS depot as DLC for GATEB, though? If you have access to the Steam backend you should just be able to do that without having to ask Valve about it.

[Last edited by Radiant at 11-21-2016 03:31 PM]
11-21-2016 at 03:31 PM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
Radiant wrote: Hmm. There are two entrances from the south, i.e. the southwest (where the scroll is), and the south east (through a bunch of breakable walls). Perhaps the achievement requires the southwest entrance? If so, I suggest its text should be more specific.
Click here to view the secret text

11-21-2016 at 04:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
Rank Points: 333
Having a problem with the 'Master "King Dugan's Dungeon"' achievement. I assume this means drop the Master Wall. But, I have all other KDD achievements and 100% on the post-mastery level. Still no achievement.

The only thing I can think of that might be a factor is that I conquered all secret rooms before finishing the hold and seeing the ending. Anyone else having a problem with this achievement?
11-21-2016 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
uncopy2002
That might be the problem. The achievement is only triggered when the "Hold Mastered!" flashing message pops up in-game.

The other way is to export your profile and reimport it, which will properly register all hold complete and mastery achievements.
11-22-2016 at 12:18 AM
KevG
Rank Points: 333
Thanks. Exporting my player and reimporting it earned me the achievement. But, this might be something that should be changed if possible.
11-22-2016 at 12:28 AM
Radiant
bomber50 wrote:
Radiant wrote: Hmm. There are two entrances from the south, i.e. the southwest (where the scroll is), and the south east (through a bunch of breakable walls). Perhaps the achievement requires the southwest entrance? If so, I suggest its text should be more specific.
Click here to view the secret text

Are we talking about the same challenge? L4 1N2E has a scroll that says "enter to the south". From (23,29) to (26,31), a series of breakable walls lead to the south.

11-22-2016 at 09:48 AM
Radiant
A bug in The Second Sky, importing a "saves only" player from an earlier installation should trigger the plot-based achievements (e.g. "reached chapter 3" and so forth). Currently it doesn't.

11-23-2016 at 08:01 AM
uncopy2002
Radiant wrote:
A bug in The Second Sky, importing a "saves only" player from an earlier installation should trigger the plot-based achievements (e.g. "reached chapter 3" and so forth). Currently it doesn't.
They don't in GatEB Steam either. Only hold complete and master achievements is unlocked by this way.
11-23-2016 at 10:06 AM
mrimer
Radiant wrote:
Huh. What's stopping you from simply adding a TSS depot as DLC for GATEB, though? If you have access to the Steam backend you should just be able to do that without having to ask Valve about it.
Great question, and the right one to ask. An app is limited to 10 DLC slots, and Valve needs to grant exceptions to this. We've filled all our DLC slots on Gunthro. I've repeatedly asked Valve to give us more slots, and they have completely ignored me.

11-23-2016 at 05:44 PM
mrimer
uncopy2002 wrote:
mrimer wrote:
uncopy2002 wrote:

Thanks. I've changed the Steam names to "Not Without Honor in His Own Country" and "Light Armor".

11-23-2016 at 09:34 PM
enzi666
Rank Points: 161
icon Re: DROD on steam (+2)  
Currently you can vote on steam for various awards.
Link

I think "Test of Time" is a very fitting award for DROD. But we should strategize which game we should vote on. I first voted for Gunthro because it's seen as the friendliest entry to Drod right now.
But I'm also pretty much torn on KDD. It's a true classic in every sense of the word and more fitting.

For now I've voted for KDD. If anyone has input on this, I'll watch the thread and change accordingly.

If DROD gets any mention in something mainstream I'll be very happy. :w00t

We also have "Just 5 More Minutes" and "I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award". Both also very fitting. :)

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
11-24-2016 at 12:31 AM
uncopy2002
mrimer wrote:
uncopy2002 wrote:
mrimer wrote:
uncopy2002 wrote:

Thanks. I've changed the Steam names to "Not Without Honor in His Own Country" and "Light Armor".
Confirmed fix!
11-24-2016 at 05:39 AM
Jordthro
Rank Points: 100
I just saw the SMS's as DLC in Gunthro available for purchase on November 30th. Will people who purchased these directly through Caravel get free Steam keys to unlock these as well? That would be awesome.

11-24-2016 at 06:12 AM
Maurog
Caravel Games wrote: [22 Nov @ 3:53am]

Thanks for asking about SmS holds and GOG keys!

First, about SmS issues. We are setting up keys for SmS holds purchased on the Caravel Games site and registered to a user account on the Caravel Forum. In order to get a Steam key for a pair of SmS expansions, you will need to own all of its original content on the Caravel Forum.

For instance, SmS is for "Perfection" and "The Choice". If you have registered both SmS issues on the Caravel Forum that contain this content, a Steam key for this pack will unlock in your Caravel Forum user account.

When SmS DLC is released here on Steam, are may choose either to purchase it here, or pick up any missing holds on the Caravel Forum, then get a Steam key for the two-pack there.

We'll also have a bundle come online once all six SmS DLC packs are released here.

11-24-2016 at 10:33 PM
Jordthro
Rank Points: 100
Thanks, Maurog. Can you post a link to the full post that you're referencing? I'd like to read the full thing.

11-25-2016 at 04:30 AM
Fang
Rank Points: 175
enzi666 wrote:
Currently you can vote on steam for various awards.
Link
I noticed that too, and I've been torn under which category to put it for, but I think Test of Time is the best category for DROD. I've never, ever seen even any game that was a puzzle game like DROD, but maybe I've just never heard of them because they're all so unknown too. Despite that though, I'll probably still play DROD in many years, even if it won't be a continuous gaming experience; taking breaks here and there, etc. That's why I think Test of Time is the best category, I'll always go back to it sooner or later.

As for which game in the series, it's frankly hard to tell, because it's really been the same engine just reused, improved, with more elements added, unlike for example Mario games where the format changes between 2D and 3D. I think The Second Sky would be a good nomination despite being the most recent game, because it's, and correct me if I'm wrong, the "definitive DROD version", paraphrased from what I remember reading somewhere in a post, and the version we'll most likely play for quite a long time.

Edit: The Second Sky would also be a good contender for "Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!" award, but I've already got a good amount of games that all fit under that category already and ultimately went for something else.

[Last edited by Fang at 11-25-2016 04:36 PM]
11-25-2016 at 04:33 PM
jdyer
Rank Points: 329
Please note: You can vote DLC individually and separately.

I voted King Dugan's for Test of Time.

I voted Gunthro for Five More Minutes.
11-26-2016 at 03:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
icon Re: DROD on steam (+3)  
Jordthro wrote:
Thanks, Maurog. Can you post a link to the full post that you're referencing? I'd like to read the full thing.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/314330/discussions/0/215439774852498271

[Last edited by Maurog at 11-26-2016 08:08 PM]
11-26-2016 at 08:06 PM
uncopy2002
Okay, one last Steam-related thing:

Is it possible for registered Caravel DMOD (Deadly Music of Death) buyers to claim a Steam key for the DLC too?
12-01-2016 at 04:05 AM
mrimer
uncopy2002 wrote:
Okay, one last Steam-related thing:

Is it possible for registered Caravel DMOD (Deadly Music of Death) buyers to claim a Steam key for the DLC too?
We have Steam keys set up for that. It looks like that one isn't visible on the Purchases tab either. I'll ask Matt to add that one.

12-01-2016 at 04:50 AM
<<6789
Page 10 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No