Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Tyrfing
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ratpizza
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Tyrfing (0)  
It is told in-game of how Ylfing's ancestor wielded a sword called Tyrfing. Arngrim tells you that his sword is also called Tyrfing. Now, that name has to be a coincidence, right? Because it seems quite strange that Arngrim would actually wield the very same sword. As far as I know he is not even related to the Ylfing-clan.
03-11-2015 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Tyrfing (0)  
Yes, it is the same sword. Arngrim is a berserker who won many battles for the Clan Ylfing, and he was given the blade Tyrfing as reward. This is also how he became the guildmaster, and why he can teach you a powerful combat maneuver.

03-11-2015 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ratpizza
So it was the same sword after all! Thanks for the reply.

On a side note, I remember Volund saying that "only a true berserker would fight unarmoured". Since Arngrim wears chain-mail does that make him only a part-time berserker or something?;)
03-11-2015 at 09:16 PM
Radiant
It makes him a sick berserker :P If he were in any fight scenes then he would surely look different.

03-11-2015 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ratpizza
A crazy thought occured to me. Is there actually some berserker-achievement for entering combat without any armor?;)
03-12-2015 at 02:42 PM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
Radiant wrote:
Yes, it is the same sword. Arngrim is a berserker who won many battles for the Clan Ylfing, and he was given the blade Tyrfing as reward. This is also how he became the guildmaster, and why he can teach you a powerful combat maneuver.

Speaking of him training the heroine - how is it that he can teach the warrior a combat maneuver, but later when healed and returned there is no option for him to train you? I mean just like Hervor does in his stead at the start while he is gone.
10-06-2017 at 04:07 PM
Radiant
ConjurerDragon wrote: Speaking of him training the heroine - how is it that he can teach the warrior a combat maneuver, but later when healed and returned there is no option for him to train you? I mean just like Hervor does in his stead at the start while he is gone.
By that point you've traveled to Svartalfheim and returned to tell about it, rescued a child abducted by the mightiest of trolls, and won the favor of the Norns themselves. It's fair to say he doesn't need to train you any more.

10-06-2017 at 04:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Tyrfing
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com