Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Dugan's First Level (again) (Dugan's first level modification.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged

File: KDD L1 remake.hold (7.7 KB)
Downloaded 81 times.
License: Other
icon Dugan's First Level (again) (+2)  
This is a level, I constructed while testing jdyer's A Quiet place. There are tricks that have been copied from his hold.

I'll recommend you to play Quiet Place before trying this.

Makes me mad: I didn't have exported the level before my Drod corrupted. I had to make it again from scratch. Fortunately i still remember the rooms almost exactly...

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:10-05-2004 at 05:22 AM]
10-04-2004 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
icon Re: Dugan's First Level (again) (0)  
Added few scrolls. The hold is now downloadable.
10-04-2004 at 02:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Dugan's First Level (again) (+1)  
Wasn't Simon's Dungeon your last hold before JtRH? ;)

10-04-2004 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Well it's my last hold that's going to the holds board.
Small holds don't count ;)

Besides, I made it before Simon's Dungeon even existed.
And I'm still entering in contests.

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:10-04-2004 at 03:17 PM]
10-04-2004 at 03:11 PM
Doom
Made some bug fixing.

3N2W was impossible.
1W was also impossible.
Made a helpful fix in 3W. (Wasn't imposible but needed something...)
Changed 4N1W a little. (Oh well, it doesn't matter, nobody could have played that far because 3N2W was impossible...)

I might add this to the hold board anyway after a while. Some people won't propably even look architecture board because they want to play only finished holds.
10-04-2004 at 07:57 PM
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
4n2w is impossible (or is it 1w, its the one with all the trapdoors and red doors)
10-04-2004 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
It's a nice little hold, but you don't seem to have playtested it (much). At least not the first version.

6N2W: You don't need the alcove, but it helps... (although you probably knew that already)
4N1W: Trivial solution: place a mimic above the leftmost roach and start swinging your sword.
4N2W: As previously stated: this room is impossible (it would be possible if you made the crumbly-wall passage "deeper")
3N2W: You can kill the roach immediately with the mimic. Also, you cannot return from the north.

10-05-2004 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
You know, that room is really pointless anyways. Tell me anyone with the brainpower to turn beethro's sword would be unable to do that on their first try.
10-05-2004 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
True, I didn't playtest them enough.

Fixed all bugs, Stefan found. Also some small changes.
10-05-2004 at 05:22 AM
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 330
I finally got a chance to run through most of the rooms. I like how you turned some of the message board challenges into real puzzles. Also, some of the new puzzles impressed me -- 1N1W, 4N3W and 6N1W in particular; simple to solve but still enjoyably puzzly.

Your method of forcing sword-orientation was my first way of doing it in A Quiet Place. I had modified the idea off my own Beethro's Dance of Death which uses an similar setup. However, while testing, the constant orb dinging was starting to get to me. I changed things so the setup wouldn't require the mimic hitting an orb the entire time.
10-11-2004 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Submitted the hold to holds section.

Changed the orb-hitting to be more user-friendly.
Also changed 4N1W to Stefan's challenge.
10-11-2004 at 07:41 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Dugan's First Level (again) (Dugan's first level modification.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com