Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1126
IP: Logged
icon Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen (0)  
Currently, the Restore screen shows 3 statistics below the minimap.

Number of rooms explored (or a percentage if the hold is conquered)
Number of secrets conquered (with a total for the level if the hold is conquered)
Total rooms conquered/explored

The first two are global, the third is specifically for the highlighted save. This is a little confusing, and for TSS, it has the additional problem of never being complete thanks to mutually exclusive rooms (and for the vast majority of holds, missable secrets mean it's unlikely to ever be complete.)

So the feature I would like added is for the conquered/explored rooms statistic on the Restore screen to reflect the total number of rooms conquered/explored on all saves, not just on the current save, to be consistent with the rest of the stats on the Restore screen.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 07-28-2014 03:38 AM]
07-28-2014 at 03:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen (0)  
That seems like a good idea. I've been trying to think of how the restore system/screen could be improved, but this change would definitely help.
Per-save counts could still be useful in some circumstances though, so maybe display those too, or have a way to switch between the two?
07-28-2014 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen (0)  
I am curious - what's the point of this request? You already know if you've seen the whole level by the explored percentage. I guess the conquered percentage?

I know there've been requests to display the list/count of all levels when you conquer the hold, but I'd rather not expose it for the reason of keeping a secret (eg. there is still a lot of stuff after you complete a hold).

But if there are a bunch of other statistics that you think would have value we could add a new dialog that displays this information.

Edit: more conversation on the same.

[Last edited by skell at 11-24-2020 12:05 AM]
11-23-2020 at 11:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen (+3)  
As I said in some other topic where the same question was raised: number of rooms conquered on the current save is useful information, to help you distinguish between different saves. Let's say you pass through a room early on, come back and solve it later, but happen to miss one checkpoint when solving it. If you then restore to that checkpoint, you'll have (for example) 30 rooms conquered, while any other checkpoint in the room will have 300. And this might be a hold you're coming back to after leaving it alone for months.

11-24-2020 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Minor change to Conquered/Explored rooms counter on Restore screen
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com