Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Can't figure out how Thievery works
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
undertow25
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - Can't figure out how Thievery works (0)  
Having a hard time getting started as a rogue, 'cos I can't actually figure out how to steal anything. Help file suggests stealing food from the tavern, but that lady there's got eyes in the back of her head. Went into sneak mode and used the hand icon on the meat, she just tells me to lay off. Kept at it until she got fed up with my ineptitude and put the dang meat away. Had to go out and kill something for my supper; not a very roguish beginning. Succumbed to curiosity and jacked up my stealth/thievery with cheats, but the tavernkeeper still wasn't having any of my wannabe roguery. What am I missing here?
07-18-2014 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
undertow25
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Can't figure out how Thievery works (0)  
Haha, now I'm trying to steal things from the general store in Munarvagir and the shopkeeper keeps thinking I'm trying to buy things. I knew I should've gone to Mage school like dad wanted.
07-18-2014 at 08:15 PM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
With sneaking to get food from the Sleipnir tavern, you need to be in sneak mode before she sees you. If she greets you, then she knows you're around already :)

To steal from the shopkeeper in Munarvagir, you need to wait till she isn't around. If she's around, then she's keeping an eye on her wares.
07-18-2014 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
undertow25
Just tried it now and goodness, but you're right. There wasn't any feedback on why I was failing, so I'd assumed that I was missing some other fantastical ingredient for my Life of Crime. Thanks! I'll make a rogue outta me yet.
07-19-2014 at 01:30 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Can't figure out how Thievery works
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com