Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Eight Billion (A hold requiring nearly eight billion moves to clear one room!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587
IP: Logged

File: Eight Billion.hold (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 125 times.
License: Other
icon Eight Billion (0)  
Recently, I was thinking about how long the solutions to some rooms are and I decided to try to build a room which is insanely long. My efforts yielded a room which requires just over 7,950,000,000 moves (almost entirely 'wait') to solve. If your keyboard had a repeat rate of 100/sec, then it would take just over 2.5 years to solve. Enjoy!
09-13-2004 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: Eight Billion (0)  
You might be interested in this thread. I seem to remember there is a room that is longer by several orders of magnitude.

09-13-2004 at 03:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Yep. There's a room in that thread that takes "324,518,553,658,426,726,783,156,020,576,265. Due to the long corridor at the bottom, the number of moves is more than 40 times as many. That gives the solution a length of nearly 13 decillion." It's on the last page.

09-13-2004 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
eep. :-O
09-14-2004 at 01:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Eight Billion (A hold requiring nearly eight billion moves to clear one room!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com