Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : DRODIS - A hold (Started one - asking for ideas?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon DRODIS - A hold (0)  
I have decided to make a hold to commemorate the release of DRODIS, whihc you would know what it is if you ever read the development forum. Now, as the release of DRODIS was a team effort, I am wondering if anyone would think it would be a good idea to do a hold based on this? Now as you may know there are only 8 styles for the levels on DROD, and we cannot really repeat any of the styles. So........:

1. If anyone thinks that this is a good idea, could they reply to this message?

2. Im not telling you what the levels look like, read the develpoment forum for that, so it wont matter about the look, will it?

Edit;
3. In advance, if you do decide to spontaneously make a level for this hold, which I don't really expect until later on, like when DRODIS is released to all, you must realise that you should probably make the level rather big so that I do not have to repeat styles by being inundated with 5 room levels that I cannot put in. Make them as hard as you like, as I wont be completing it probably anyway. I'm only good at making incredibly easy but fun holds anyway.

[Edited by wackhead_uk on 09-01-2004 at 09:24 PM GMT]
09-01-2004 at 10:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: DRODIS - A hold (0)  
wackhead_uk wrote:
...there are only 8 styles for the levels on DROD...
You need to get some sleep, man! Think of number divisable by 9...:)

I'll give it a shot, I guess. I haven't did a hold in awhile, but it'll be good practise for me. Count me in for at least 1 level.

-Patrick

09-01-2004 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I am absolutely bone dry for hold ideas at the moment, having spun out three in the last couple months (one of which will shortly be revised and dropped in the Architecture forum) so I won't be offering up a level for it. I will offer my services as a tester though, and I'll make a point of arranging the styles in a sensible order, so you can actually just go through them sequentially.

[Edited by DiMono on 09-01-2004 at 11:48 PM GMT]

09-02-2004 at 12:48 AM
wackhead_uk
I said 8 styles becasue Ive already made one, and there's only 8 left. And I didnt expect anyone to actually make any levels soon anyway, so dont worry. I only suggested this to see if anyone who did not participate in the DRODIS project would like to have their name affiliated with it.
09-02-2004 at 04:45 PM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
I have a couple puzzles left that I haven't used in some of my holds. Not many, but just a nice short level. Count me in for a level, doesn't matter which style I'll use.
09-02-2004 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: DRODIS - A hold (+1)  
Although I am busy making another hold, I would be glad to help you out for a level. (You all have helped me a lot, so it's time to give something back. :)) Since I actually try not to avoid the development thread (not that successful though), you will need to give me a bit more hints though...

I make up my level as I go along, so I do need to know what style I have to use before I can continue.

By the way, can someone gives me an idea when this has to be finished? For example, before JtRH?

09-03-2004 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Here is just the irst and second level. I have made these recently, and they are the hardest hold I have made surprisingly! I am going to make one of the rooms harder for the final release though. And we want to get it finished before the end of the year at least. If you haven't got DRODIS, it will hopefully still be a good hold. :)

All levels should be solvable hopefully! I have only playtested some of them, and have corected some problems.
09-05-2004 at 08:35 PM
gamer_extreme_101
After the quickest of glances.

LEVEL 2:

3E - Please add a checkpoint for the sake of my sanity...
2N - It is possible and quite easy to kill the brains before the caged queens. A green door could work wonders!
Whole North Section - It's impossible to backtrack once you go past 1N, as the yellow doors there can only be accessed from the other side.

Otherwise, it's very well done. The music and styles fit in perfect for the plot you are trying to achieve. :thumbsup

-Patrick

09-05-2004 at 11:53 PM
wackhead_uk

File: Journey to the planet of Fire.hold (6 KB)
Downloaded 74 times.
License: Other
Here is the updated version avec a few changes.I have not only fixed THOSE two problems, I have Done something to that room on the first level, to make it harder.

Edit :
Ive changed it once again! :P

[Edited by wackhead_uk on 09-07-2004 at 01:20 PM GMT: Fixing problem]
09-06-2004 at 04:33 PM
gamer_extreme_101
You need to make L1 - 1S1W Not Required. You can't backtrack though 1W to finish the level. I'd just get rid of it until you make that room.

-Patrick

09-06-2004 at 05:44 PM
wackhead_uk
Now that DRODIS is almost done, I think that we had better pool all the levels and finish this hold. So, if you have any free time,, can you post them on here within the next week or so?

This is going to be a good hold! :thumbsup
09-12-2004 at 01:05 PM
Tim
wackhead_uk wrote:
Now that DRODIS is almost done, I think that we had better pool all the levels and finish this hold. So, if you have any free time,, can you post them on here within the next week or so?
If you can wait a few days more, then I will put a level up here. This week is going to a bit problematic as there is a september competition going on as well :)

I'm currently only having a few screens, and I want to make a bit more ;)

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim on 09-12-2004 at 01:09 PM GMT]

09-12-2004 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
As long as we can get the hold released at the same time as DRODIS then it will be okay. We should still have a while yet

09-12-2004 at 03:56 PM
Tim
Eh, this is a test.

-- Tim

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:10-30-2004 at 04:09 PM]

09-22-2004 at 11:20 PM
wackhead_uk
Ah, great. I think that thewhole DRODIS thing has been overshadowed by the competition lately, so it will probably be quite short hold anyway. We now have 3 or 4 levels though, so It's not too bad.
09-23-2004 at 09:38 AM
Tim
Wackhead: stupid question: Was that post above meant to be sarcastic?

-- Tim

09-23-2004 at 10:12 PM
wackhead_uk
What was sarcastic about it?

Or are you referring to my quetion of eytanz in another thread?

If you are, then that is such a good joke...(now thats sarcastic)
09-24-2004 at 06:45 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : DRODIS - A hold (Started one - asking for ideas?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com