Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : My friend needs some help. [Spoilers?]
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Druoxtheshredder
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon My friend needs some help. [Spoilers?] (0)  
Hey, I don't know too much about how hard it is for a sorceress to gather food in Heroine's Quest, but my friend who's new to the game is having a lot of trouble finding things to eat in the game. Can anyone give me some places to tell her to go to find food throughout the game?

[Last edited by Druoxtheshredder at 01-05-2014 02:31 AM]
01-05-2014 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: My friend needs some help. [Spoilers?] (0)  
If you rescued Sigurd near the start of the game, you can ask him for a meal when he is in his inn.

The jarl provides three lots of supplies at the beginning of the game. Some monsters may drop food too.

Supplies can be bought from Sigrun's store in Munarvagir.
01-05-2014 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PicaLudica
The meal at the inn is free, by the way, and you can eat there daily. Once you've saved Sigurd, your food troubles should be pretty much over. :)

For food on the go, here are some sources (very minor spoilers):
* Hunt: when you kill a varg, use the ice pick on it to carve out some meat
* Fish: at Lake Gandvik, you can find a fishing net AND a fishing hole. As a sorceress, you will need *luck* to catch anything. ;)
NOTE: The meat and the fish are raw, you'll need to cook them to be able to eat them. They don't spoil, so go ahead.
* Buy supplies: Sigrun sells SPIM rations and apples
* Mushroom hunting: in a certain area of the game later on (from chapter 2 onwards), you will find edible mushrooms (although a certain someone will tell you they are poisonous, they actually aren't).
* Hoard freebies: you will be given free supplies by the Jarl at the beginning, and some additional food at the start of chapter 3.
01-05-2014 at 10:52 AM
azurerosa
If you go one screen south of the gate of Fornsigtuna there is a bush you can get roots from as a sorceress or any other character with the herbalism skill. I think you can only do that once though...

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain
01-06-2014 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PicaLudica
azurerosa wrote:
If you go one screen south of the gate of Fornsigtuna there is a bush you can get roots from as a sorceress or any other character with the herbalism skill. I think you can only do that once though...
I can confirm that. I came back to that bush several times at various levels of Herbalism, and was never able to harvest from it again. I guess it's just part of the starting "find food or starve" situation, like the boar. You harvest two roots, though, and since you only really need one at that stage, you can keep the second one as an emergency ration for later. :)
01-06-2014 at 08:28 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : My friend needs some help. [Spoilers?]
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com