Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Flash DROD 4 Released (Our News for December)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Flash DROD 4 Released (0)  
Happy holidays from Caravel! We hope you've been enjoying this festive season so far, and we're looking forward with you to starting a great new year. It has been a few months since our last Illumination, but that doesn't mean we've been idly sitting on our hands. We have a lot of exciting news to share with you!

Flash DROD: KDD Lite Episode 4

As promised, Maurycy Zarzycki has produced and released the fourth installment of the Flash DROD series! This episode features levels 13-16 of King Dugan's Dungeon, with some all-new areas (including a new and improved maze remix level) and a fresh set of achievements. It's hot off the presses. We have a new page up on the Caravel Games site:

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/FlashDROD/KDDL.html

Play it online now!

DROD: The Second Sky

There has been a constant stream of activity going into our next major title, the epic conclusion to Beethro Budkin's adventures in the Great Beneath. We are over 90% done. We plan to begin voice recording in January and hold beta testing starting in February. This game is going to be huge! It has over 700 rooms and will be, by far, the largest, most ambitious DROD game ever made. We expect it to be released in Spring 2014. More game features have been revealed since our last Illumination. If you'd like to read up on some new game features that will be in TSS, you can read about them on the Caravel Forum:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=35434

If you'd like to participate in voice acting for the game, but haven't yet auditioned, then there's still some time left to get in on the action. You can go here to submit your sample recording:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36019

Everyone who ends up getting some recorded lines included in TSS will receive a free copy of the game when it is released and get their name in the credits.

Official Forum Contest: The Other 10%

As you might have guessed, we've already incorporated all the new game features we've been planning into TSS. So, for the final ten percent, here's a contest to celebrate all of those feature requests that didn't make the cut. Actually, you get to make up your very own!

Go here to read up on submitting the most entertaining -- yet awful -- game feature for TSS here:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36164

You have just over a week to place your submissions. The winner is decided by community vote, and that individual will receive a free game or other prize of their choice from the Prize Pile. You can also get some free CaravelNet time for placing.

DROD RPG: 1.2.0.57 Beta

A new version of DROD RPG (full game installer) with many bug fixes is available to beta test. Everyone with a registered copy of the game may download the beta version here:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

New User-made Holds

There has been an excellent set of usermade holds, both for DROD and DROD RPG, published on the Caravel Forum in the past six months:

Frozen Cave
Beethro and the Cake
Growth
DROD History Month (contest compilation)
The Intelligence
A World in Miniature
The Morbid Marsh
Tower of Din
Due Payment

You can download all of these directly here:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/holds.php

Then go to the Holds board on the Forum and share your thoughts!
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewboard.php?BoardID=11

-----DROD RPG Holds-----
If you've been looking for some more DROD RPG holds to play, these are all excellent and newly-released:

The Forgotten Castle
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36132

Break Out of Jail
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=31196

Trial Tower
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36185

Heroine’s Quest: New Release by Crystal Shard

Crystal Shard has released an all-new adventure that we'd like to share with you:
Heroine's Quest: The Herald Of Ragnarok is a classic/retro adventure game with RPG elements, where you enter the rich world of Norse mythology as warrior, sorceress, or rogue to bring an end to eternal winter.

This page has a lot of information about the game, with a link to download the game for free:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36181

-----

May you have a happy 2014, and happy DRODing!

-Mike

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-28-2013 at 11:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Flash DROD 4 Released (+1)  
Sooooo.... The stairs end the hold in the first room. I think that it is a bug. Thanks!

I wish that man would stay away
12-29-2013 at 06:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
It has been now fixed, sorry for that people. I must've broken it the day before release when replacing some voice-overs in the tutorial and since then there weren't really any other changes and no tests outside the tutorial level.

12-29-2013 at 10:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 902
The savegame functionality for KDDL 4 seems to be broken. If I leave the game and come back later, the continue and restore options are greyed out, as if I hadn't played the game previously. It does remember my CaravelNet details and customized controls, though. Just to make sure it's not my browser setup, I tried out KDDL 1, and it seems to be saving progress correctly.

12-29-2013 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Watcher wrote:
The savegame functionality for KDDL 4 seems to be broken. If I leave the game and come back later, the continue and restore options are greyed out, as if I hadn't played the game previously. It does remember my CaravelNet details and customized controls, though. Just to make sure it's not my browser setup, I tried out KDDL 1, and it seems to be saving progress correctly.

Indeed. I am investigating it right now, but it's quite weird as it was working correctly offline, not to mention there weren't any changes in the code responsible. I have a hunch though what might be causing the problems.

12-29-2013 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842

File: where is kddl 4.png (476.8 KB)
Downloaded 52 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Flash DROD 4 Released (0)  
It seems that KDDL4 isn't showing on the caravel website.

(I'm using internet explorer 11 on windows 7 home premium (version 6.1 build 7601:service pack 1))

(added picture)

The thing is, on my smartphone (samsung galaxy S4), it's there,
(but ofcourse not playable since it's a smartphone)
:|

12-30-2013 at 08:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Flash DROD 4 Released (+2)  
Try to clear your temporary internet files or do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 in most browsers). Most likely the old page is cached.

12-30-2013 at 09:00 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Hey thanks, that worked

12-30-2013 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
The achievements page on my Caravel profile does not yet show achievements for Flash DROD 4, even though I acquired some.
01-04-2014 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
Just finished this. Very good :). Level 13 was interesting - very convoluted.
Not postmastered yet, stuck on one secret room...
Which leads me onto what I was really posting about... Level 16 has several rooms that seem too easy. 2S1E, 3S1E, 1E, maybe 2E and 2N... They can all be done fairly simply, usually by just killing the tar mothers first, which I thought was odd considering how much more tricky a lot of the other rooms had been. Unintended solutions, or what?

L14 1E, Beethro says something when all tar is cleared. Shouldn't there be a scroll or something mentioning this possibility? Is there anything else like this that I may have missed?

Click here to view the secret text

01-08-2014 at 05:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Moo wrote:
Level 16 has several rooms that seem too easy. 2S1E, 3S1E, 1E, maybe 2E and 2N... They can all be done fairly simply, usually by just killing the tar mothers first, which I thought was odd considering how much more tricky a lot of the other rooms had been. Unintended solutions, or what?

I believe this is true of the rooms from which these were created in kdd.
01-08-2014 at 06:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I am still having the same problem as Watcher, even after emptying my cache in Safari. Additionally, Caravelnet wouldn't stay connected for me in-game when I first tried playing after emptying the cache.

-Noah

My stuff:

01-19-2014 at 07:14 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Alright, so I tried running FDROD 4 in other browsers, and in Firefox I had the same problem of my progress not being recognized. However, it worked mostly fine in Chrome, with the only problem being that the first time I tried descending the stairs in the Tutorial Level, pressing a key wouldn't do anything. Not sure what I could do to make the game remember my progress in all browsers.

-Noah

My stuff:

01-25-2014 at 07:45 AM
MHighbrow
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 153
I just played a bit of Flash DROD 4 to get back into practice for Second Sky, and I just want to say how much I'm enjoying the new Level 13 so far. It's just complex enough to turn you around a bit, but not so complicated that you have to go and map the thing (well, so far, anyway).
03-05-2014 at 10:47 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Flash DROD 4 Released (Our News for December)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com