Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Buried Dungeon (Fun, tricky rooms)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (10 votes)
σ 1.84
Author Name:rj
Submitted By:blorx1
Hold Name:Buried Dungeon
Theme:Fun, tricky rooms
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:34
Number of Monsters:484
Version:DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (4.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:3 (+3 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Buried Dungeon.hold (24.3 KB)
Downloaded 762 times.
License: Other
icon Buried Dungeon  
Hello all, this is my second hold, and it is of a higher quality than my previous one, both in terms of difficulty and fun. I hope you enjoy the puzzles.

Thanks to mxvladi for working so hard to make sure that this hold was free of unintended solutions, and that everything worked as intended.
12-15-2012 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (+2)  
I really liked this hold. It's full of really, really tough puzzles (which either require lots of planning or are (fairly neat) lynchpins) - I'd say it will stump many DROD veterans - and definitely worth playing. Anyone who wants to see what really tough puzzles look like should try this. The third level also gains points for originality: I won't say exactly what it is, but it's quite different from the rest.

The puzzles here are doable, they just require a lot of thought and persistence. I suggest that you try to complete this hold: it's worth completing!
12-28-2012 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ivcha Pivcha
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 80
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (0)  
JFYI, I did some research and found out it' s the only unconquered hold among 500 of them. I'm giving this hold some karma points, maybe they will be helpful in removing the curse.

Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup? ~ St. John Bosco

[Last edited by Ivcha Pivcha at 04-18-2015 05:52 PM]
04-18-2015 at 10:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (0)  
There's also Due Payment, which is unconquered by everyone but me, but since I was a tester for that hold it's no different from the situation with this hold.

04-18-2015 at 04:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: Buried Dungeon (+5)  
Ivcha Pivcha wrote:
JFYI, I did some research and found out it' s the only unconquered hold among 500 of them. I'm giving this hold some karma points, maybe they will be helpful in removing the curse.

Looks like it worked, I just finished it today.

Most of the rooms are actually pretty fun once you get going, the thing is that a lot of them are quite intimidating and hard to get started on. Also, there are a few rooms that rely on obscure mechanics.

Still, overall I found it pretty fun as high difficulty holds go. If you have a thorough understanding of weird interactions (or are willing to check hint threads, as I am), this is a solid hold to break your brain against.

I'm usually too lazy to rate holds, but under the circumstances I feel I should toss this one a ranking. 8 for fun and 10 for brains.
06-12-2015 at 11:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Buried Dungeon (Fun, tricky rooms) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com